• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which kind of atheist are you?

jasonwill2

So what is such the fascination with Lilith? Is she not a product of early Judaism and apocryphal Christianity?

I have met Succubi and Inccubi, and so the legend goes that she is what created them. However I can't say I've ever met her, she could just be an archetype I admire.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member

This space is filled with love and not words

kylixguru

It's called being human.
Well, actually, there's more to it than just being human.
That's where the evolution of species comes into place.
It surprises me that many people following the field of evolution still think that freak unjustified mutations are the primary governing factor. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of attention given to the natural processes that cause or drive evolution.

It is the ideas that come into the minds of things, at whatever level they are capable of, that drives evolution. This gets recorded in their DNA along with all of the relevant sample data to be able to evaluate its merits and it is passed on. Each person carries the collective intelligence, experience, etc. of their fore bearers. Each new generation has new thoughts and new experiences. If enough people get together based upon distinct similarities of thought, they become a spiritual family. They take on an entirely distinct set of qualities and attributes compared to their peers. At this point, a new race is established because they divide off from those who reject their new ideas. Some stay behind and some move on to continue to evolve and explore new possibilities as a species.

So, when you talk about "God", you should understand such as that "original idea" that enabled a number of peers to separate off and become a new and distinct member of that evolved group who effectively become a new species by the collective power of that new idea. They put their posterity under the new program (lineage) governed by their "idea". So, in this respect, God is the Father of our "spirits", which means all of the ideas we adhere to in our life now govern our options of participation in an ever evolving (or devolving) expression of life.

So, when a new religion pops up, it's a "new idea". If that "idea" is meritorious, it will "survive". As people are drawn in they are "born again" into that "spirit" and by so doing shall be able to participate in a new evolved physical lineage. Their posterity carries it all forward through keeping their genetics among themselves such that they evolve into a distinct expression of physical life. And, keep in mind, this needs to be a fairly large number of people involved in order to have a healthy variety in the seed gene pool.

God simply is the "idea" that happens in the mind of beings that drives them to rally together and seek for new levels of perfection in life. Religion becomes a basis upon which to distinguish those souls ready to progress as a race from those who are content to just stay what they are. Choosing a religion is like choosing the parents of your spirit. If you choose no religion then you make yourself a spiritual orphan.

InfidelRiot

I have met Succubi and Inccubi, and so the legend goes that she is what created them. However I can't say I've ever met her, she could just be an archetype I admire.

There is as little proof for her existence as there is for any god. Yet you still adhere to a faction of belief that you cannot bear to let go. Explain to me how that is any different than a belief in the judeo-christian god?

kylixguru

I have had sex with her. It wasn't that good.
Edit: The problem likely being my own and not hers.

Last edited:

jasonwill2

There is as little proof for her existence as there is for any god. Yet you still adhere to a faction of belief that you cannot bear to let go. Explain to me how that is any different than a belief in the judeo-christian god?

I can't say that I've ever taken Lilith that literally. I honestly don't know if she exists. But seeing as I've interacted, felt, seen other spirits, so I wouldn't rule it out immediately.

I have had sex with her. It wasn't that good.
Edit: The problem likely being my own and not hers.

I would think that given the nature of Lilith she wouldn't care how much you enjoyed it...

InfidelRiot

But seeing as I've interacted, felt, seen other spirits, so I wouldn't rule it out immediately.

I cannot claim to understand that, considering that I have never experience such a thing. Also, most of humanity has not experienced any such thing. In all honesty, it makes the entire claim more personal than universal. You are aware of personal claims, correct, when it comes to proving or claiming religious experiences to the majority?

jasonwill2

I cannot claim to understand that, considering that I have never experience such a thing. Also, most of humanity has not experienced any such thing. In all honesty, it makes the entire claim more personal than universal. You are aware of personal claims, correct, when it comes to proving or claiming religious experiences to the majority?

Yes, I am aware of that, which is why I don't usually try to prove it to anyone. There are plenty of people who would believe me, and in fact I've known Christians who believed it more than I did that it was this or that, and they seemed slightly puzzled about how I was somewhat skeptical about how objective the event was that I just told them in detail. I always find it ironic (and hilarious) that they are quick to accept that I have seen daemons, or that they even exist, even though they have never seen any supernatural thing, spirit, or whatever.

Personally, if someone believes in spirits, fine. But I'm going to laugh at them if they have blind faith and can't say that they haven't ever seen one. The actual immediate reason I took the label Satanist and went into this path is because there was a day where I found a daemon beckoning to me, and the next thing I know, I'm having the most powerful magickal, spiritual, and religious experience of my life. To this day nothing was as vivid and as intense as that which lasted over a week of the same daemon visiting me.

However more recently at times I've had my doubts, and almost slipped into atheism a couple of times, but these experiences keep convincing me that at least on SOME level there is something real about it. Then just lately I've stopped fretting about atheism versus theism and just try to do what seems to work.

InfidelRiot

The actual immediate reason I took the label Satanist and went into this path is because there was a day where I found a daemon beckoning to me, and the next thing I know, I'm having the most powerful magickal, spiritual, and religious experience of my life.

Forgive me for my doubt, but the same experience seems to occur to anyone who believes enough. I honestly find your experience as believable as Mary Poppins' magic. Mankind should be able to prove his experience has merit without expecting others to automatically accept it as truth.

jasonwill2

Forgive me for my doubt, but the same experience seems to occur to anyone who believes enough. I honestly find your experience as believable as Mary Poppins' magic. Mankind should be able to prove his experience has merit without expecting others to automatically accept it as truth.

All I can say is that it just happened, I didn't particularly believe in daemons prior, it just kind of very strongly prelude for about an hour to two hours where I became aware it it, and then I finally gave in and acknowledged it.... and the rest was just... insanely amazing. Maybe this goes to how I like Lilith so much, but the daemon was a succubus. Later I found out I may of unwittingly done things that would attract such an entity... like I did everything right without knowing before hand.

So maybe it isn't real in the sense that say my tv or chair is real, but it was real enough to me that I could feel it through tactile sensations. It was so insane, and since then it's not been as intense as it was with her. I convinced her to stay longer than she would of otherwise due to how much I liked her presence not for pleasure, but just to feel something physically there with me after I was so alone emotionally and spiritually for so long. I felt it was a fair trade, my sexual energy for her companionship.

gnomon

The entire concept of Lilith is more of a joke than anything else.

The mythological concept of Lilith is hardly benign of females. The attempt by latter day archaeologists to ascribe upon little known mythological concepts the notion of the female devine.

I would rather take my divine mythology from the realists of the last few centuries of feminists who had no need to rely on so called divine nonsense.

kylixguru

:eek:
care to elaborate? with full detail please.
Oh my, that would not be such an easy thing to do. Plus, I do consider it was sinful so it's not something I am particularly proud of. My repentance was very sore and praise the Lord I was totally forgiven.

She was my first and my zero experience was totally obvious.
Her, on the other hand, she knew what she was doing.

It was more humiliating than anything.

jasonwill2

The entire concept of Lilith is more of a joke than anything else.

The mythological concept of Lilith is hardly benign of females. The attempt by latter day archaeologists to ascribe upon little known mythological concepts the notion of the female devine.

I would rather take my divine mythology from the realists of the last few centuries of feminists who had no need to rely on so called divine nonsense.

What? Lilith wasn't a feminist, she was a baby killer and rapist! >.>

I actually made a rant a while ago about these "nice" depictions of Lilith, stressing that she is sexual aggression in a not very nice way. http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/neopagan-revival-religions-dir/138089-depictions-lilith.html (it's in a DIR btw)

kylixguru

What? Lilith wasn't a feminist, she was a baby killer and rapist! >.>

I actually made a rant a while ago about these "nice" depictions of Lilith, stressing that she is sexual aggression in a not very nice way. http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/neopagan-revival-religions-dir/138089-depictions-lilith.html (it's in a DIR btw)
That pretty well matched my experience with her, but she is very subtle about it.
Fortunately, I came to my senses and got out of whatever spell it was she had me bound by.
Also, fortunately, our sex did not result in any conception, so far as I know.

jasonwill2

That pretty well matched my experience with her, but she is very subtle about it.
Fortunately, I came to my senses and got out of whatever spell it was she had me bound by.
Also, fortunately, our sex did not result in any conception, so far as I know.

How can you have a conception with a goddess?