• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is Less Severe, Judaism or Islam?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Apparently extremely ignorant of it.
Judaism isn't a race.... There are people of the line of Shem who are Muslims, and all different religions. :facepalm:

Islam doesn't make someone automatically an Arab, and a Hamite.

So my statement was correct, just missed 'some', as can't say 'all'. ;)

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Apparently extremely ignorant of it. Why don't you do some research on the origin of the word "antisemitic" and get back to us. Maybe then you'll realize just how asinine your comments are.

Or should I not hold my breath?

Judaism isn't a race.... There are people of the line of Shem who are Muslims, and all different religions. :facepalm:

Yeah, guess I won't be holding my breath.

The term "antisemite" was popularized by the German Wilhelm Marr in the late 1800's when he created the "League of Antisemites" with the sole mission of removing Jews from Germany.
It has nothing to do with "lines", religion, language, or anything else. It has to do with the hatred of and discrimination against Jews.

Or course, I can't force you to educate yourself or to accept reality. That's completely up to you. But you should be aware of how your ignorant babbling makes you appear to everyone around you.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
It has nothing to do with "lines", religion, language, or anything else. It has to do with the hatred of and discrimination against Jews.
Again in context of the statements made against me, i wasn't being antisemitic, i was merely asking this question about a religion....

Racism towards Jewish people is a totally different topic, and thank you for elaborating....Was aware of the usage you're mentioning, as my family line comes from Lviv. :)

Might open a new topic, so we can all understand what being antisemitic means, as it doesn't mean questioning Judaism; it means saying racists bigoted things against Jews. ;)

Last edited:

Flankerl

You've not got a clue. :facepalm:

Your snarky attitude makes arguments against Jews on this forum; going to just start reporting you as a bully. :(

Aww what a sad looking smilie. Too bad that you use them too much which is why they lost their effect long ago.

The problem is you've pretty much burned all the bridges to the Jews on RF during your stay here. And now you want me to be nice to you? Hahaha.

So please report me. See you in your next rant against Judaism.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
..which is the most severe Judaism or Islam?

As in strict?

Not sure about Judaism, but Islam is so strict. Many restrictions are there just because of preventative measurement, prevention and considering feelings of others. It also is involved in almost every aspects of practical non worshiping life. There are Islamic teachings even in the manner of eating.

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Think in that aspect both Rabbinic Judaism and Islam are very similar, as they've created so many Laws for everything; even the way you're meant to wipe your bottom. :eek:

Yup. That sound like for a specific sect in Judaism tho, while in Islam it is in all of Islam. Talk about strict!

Aquitaine

When we examine the text, and laws that are in place, which is the most severe Judaism or Islam?

If you had to choose to live under one of these Law systems, which would you choose? o_O

I honestly don't know, on this site alone I have heard horrific views from both orthodox Jews and Muslims.
Having said that though, Islam seems to have more of a "we will eventually conquer the world/"unite" the world under Islam" vibe, where as Judaism seems more secluded and exclusive.

Also, taking modern history in to account, I'd probably rather live under Judaism because given the wounds of oppression they have faced, I imagine Jews would better know the dangers of marginalizing and oppressing those who are deemed different in their society.

Rajina

Think in that aspect both Rabbinic Judaism and Islam are very similar, as they've created so many Laws for everything; even the way you're meant to wipe your bottom. :eek:
Yes, Islam has rules for everything that we do in our daily life. Because Islam is all about submitting to God, I.e living our life in the way God has prescribed us to live. So when someone accepts Islam, it changes the way they talk, eat, sleep and dress, the way they deal with their family, neighbours and others in society, the way they do business..the way they spent money.. everything gets changed.. Even the way they think. The rules of Islam becomes 'severe', when it is forced on someone. But Islam is against forcing others to follow the Islamic way of life. There is no use following laws of Islam without faith and for a person without faith following these rules is surely a burden. For a person with good faith (Iman), following the Islamic rules is not a burden, and their life is more peaceful and happy by following these rules.