• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which existed first "something" or "nothing"?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Ahem....no....it is union with a higher level of consciousness....normal subject-object duality is not present during union...

No, it's just a different state of mind, and I don't understand your need to reify such experiences and surround them with a load of pseudo-religious "mystical" language.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No, it's just a different state of mind, and I don't understand your need to reify such experiences and surround them with a load of pseudo-religious "mystical" language.
But I do understand that you don't understand....explain what you mean by it being a reification?

Rick O'Shez

Haha....but it is only abstract to your conceptual mind....you are misunderstanding the state of union as a reification....it is a case of casting pearls...

No, I think you're the one who is misunderstanding. You so want it be something more that you're missing the beautiful ordinariness of such states, the sublime present moment.

God lover

Self created. /in my belief/.

Some people think that G-d was not always existent, but was somehow created after the universe, if your interested.

Thanks for your reply. I'm just mildly reading the endless debate.

God created after the Universe? God created? I can't understand what their defanition of God would be.

Self Created? That's interesting. I don't really know. It seems impossible to fathom the first things. Either physical or supernatural, I dont think it is possible to say how it began for any person.

I beleive in God. I think we must find God in the present moment.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Thanks for your reply. I'm just mildly reading the endless debate.

God created after the Universe? God created? I can't understand what their defanition of God would be.

Self Created? That's interesting. I don't really know. It seems impossible to fathom the first things. Either physical or supernatural, I dont think it is possible to say how it began for any person.
I think that we can rule some things out, however, and also perhaps make some inferences from what we do know.

I beleive in God. I think we must find God in the present moment.
Hmm you could be right. That seems like a thread topic right there.

God lover

We have to rule out a non-''first'' cause or entity, /if theists/. We can rule out any beings not powerful enough to create the universe, /can't have a partially created universe, makes no sense/.

I guess so. I'm gonna fall asleep. But for sure this is no accident. And I can't fathom it came from nothing or existed forever in the past.

But the real reason I beleive is the way God's love is so real. It's a beautiful way

Rick O'Shez

...oink...:p

th