• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which country has the most 'suicides' for same sex attraction/sex?

Incidence of suicide in a society depends on a range of factors. Clinical depression is an especially common cause. Substance abuse and severe physical disease or infirmity are also recognized as causes. The Eastern Europe and East Asia regions have the highest suicide rate worldwide. The region with the lowest suicide rate is the Caribbean, followed by the Middle East.

Suicide rates are highest in Europe's Baltic states, where around 40 people per 100,000 die by suicide each year. The lowest rates are found mainly in Caribbean/West Indies nations and a few countries in Asia.[4]

As many as 60,000 people commit suicide in Russia every year;[6] approximately 30,000 people die by suicide each year in the United States;[7] over 30,000 kill themselves in Japan;[8] and about 25,000 commit suicide each year in China.[9] In western countries men commit suicide at four times the rate of women. Women are more likely to attempt suicide than men.[10]

The countries of the former Soviet Bloc have the highest suicide rate in the world. Rate of suicide in South Korea is the highest among any other East Asian countries. The region with the lowest suicide rate is Latin America.[11]

China is the only country in the world where the rate of suicide by women matches that of men, with statistics even showing a slightly higher number of female cases

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why would those Countries which has 'legal same sex marriage' have more suicides than those Countries which do not?

Epidemiology of suicide - Wikipedia

Suicide is a horrible thing, and of those I know of who committed or attempted suicide, the reasons varied. One guy I knew lived across the street from my grandfather. He was elderly, had no family, and probably felt he had nothing left to live for. Another friend of mine who has been severely depressed for as long as I've known him is a veteran suffering from PTSD. His wife also suffers from PTSD. Another case I remember was a young guy who stuck a 12-gauge in his mouth and shot himself, one of the most grisly sights I've ever seen.

I've never known or heard of anyone who committed suicide because their country had legal same sex marriage. That doesn't even make any sense.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Incidence of suicide in a society depends on a range of factors. Clinical depression is an especially common cause. Substance abuse and severe physical disease or infirmity are also recognized as causes. The Eastern Europe and East Asia regions have the highest suicide rate worldwide. The region with the lowest suicide rate is the Caribbean, followed by the Middle East.

Suicide rates are highest in Europe's Baltic states, where around 40 people per 100,000 die by suicide each year. The lowest rates are found mainly in Caribbean/West Indies nations and a few countries in Asia.[4]

As many as 60,000 people commit suicide in Russia every year;[6] approximately 30,000 people die by suicide each year in the United States;[7] over 30,000 kill themselves in Japan;[8] and about 25,000 commit suicide each year in China.[9] In western countries men commit suicide at four times the rate of women. Women are more likely to attempt suicide than men.[10]

The countries of the former Soviet Bloc have the highest suicide rate in the world. Rate of suicide in South Korea is the highest among any other East Asian countries. The region with the lowest suicide rate is Latin America.[11]

China is the only country in the world where the rate of suicide by women matches that of men, with statistics even showing a slightly higher number of female cases
Whoever keeps the best records will have the highest reported rates, probably. Most of the world does not just give out this kind of information.

Jumi

I wouldn't believe the statistics on suicide. Not all suicides are reported as suicides. In some countries it's thought of as dishonorable and they make it something else, to clean up their good names.

wellwisher

Why would those Countries which has 'legal same sex marriage' have more suicides than those Countries which do not?
Epidemiology of suicide - Wikipedia

If same sex marriage was a social construct, one would get approval outside themselves, however, they could become off center, internally, if this was not natural to them at an instinctive level.

As an example, a solider is taught to fight and kill the enemy. However, there are a lot of people to whom this is not natural. When in war, they will get the approval of peers for following the construct. However, during peace time many become off their center, due to less external approval; post stress.