• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where would you like to be dropped?

Where would you rather be dropped?

• Israel

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • Southern Lebanon

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Fluffy said:
For those who have chosen Israel because this would give a greater chance of safety, would not staying and attempting to help the situation be a preferable alternative?
Preferable...? To what? The situation is impossible to fix as long as Israel and the Arabic states are intent on the other's demise. The only way to help would be convincing both that the each is worthy of love... if I had medical skills higher than basic first aid it would be easy to convince me to stay for that reason but other than that... I'm not a persuasive man.

Smoke

Done here.
Fluffy said:
For those who have chosen Israel because this would give a greater chance of safety, would not staying and attempting to help the situation be a preferable alternative?
It certainly wouldn't be preferable for me, and I'm not sure just what I could do to help the situation, anyway.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I think a better option would have been "North Israel". I chose Israeal thinking I could be dropped off in the southern part. :p

nutshell

GeneCosta said:
I think a better option would have been "North Israel". I chose Israeal thinking I could be dropped off in the southern part. :p

You might want to choose central Israel.

Ciscokid

I'll take my chances in Israel. Who knows, I may stay there for a while, open up a street stand selling WWYD [What would Yahweh Do?] bracelets.

Zephyr

Moved on
As much as I hate Israel with a passion, it just seems a bit safer. When the options are occassional Hizb'allah rockets or an entire army, I'll take my chances with the rockets. I have no business down there and I'd like to escape.

Booko

Deviled Hen
I would not choose a country with religious fanatics who would like to kill me for being a heretic.

Besides, In Haifa I would expect to get some help.

Booko

Deviled Hen
ChrisP said:
They might be paddling with the rest of 'em, but I've yet to see said stockpile in play.

That's one of the reasons the IDF is interdicting roads and whatnot. To ensure the big stuff can't get in.

Unfortunately, it's also blowing the h*** out of Lebanon's economy and stopping civilians who want to get out.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Fluffy said:
I don't consider Lebanon to be on the side of Syria, Iran and Jordan.

Neither do I.

Aside from which, even if I thought all parties were in the wrong, there's a certainly reality on the ground that I might have to deal with.

If I were a doctor, I might be of some use in Lebanon, but I'm not.