• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is the Ark of the Covenant?

roger1440

I do stuff
The ancient Jews build this precious box, schlepped it through the desert for many years and then housed it in a magnificent Temple. It then vanishes from history and no one is out looking for it. What’s up with that? A few years ago I had asked a Jewish co-worker the same question. He was a pretty smart guy. He had a Doctorate in philosophy. After I had asked him he looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said, “I don’t have it.” A short time later I had asked a second Jewish co-worker the same question. The man wasn’t well educated. I didn’t think he would give me much input on the subject. His answer wasn’t what I had expected. It took me by surprise. He told me, “The Ark is in every Temple.” What do you think?
ark.jpg

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I thought it was supposed to be a war drum found somewhere in Africa. It is in every temple though.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I don't think there was an Ark, well not as described in the bible, I think the Ark just represents our journey from the outer to the inner, in itself it has no power.

Galen.Iksnudnard

Conspiracy theories as to the whereabouts of the actual ark abound. The most likely theory though is that it's supposedly housed in a church in Ethiopia. Another possibility is that the Ark was stolen during a war, and taken south by the Lemba people (who are thought to have Jewish origins), and subsequently hidden.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The ancient Jews build this precious box, schlepped it through the desert for many years and then housed it in a magnificent Temple. It then vanishes from history and no one is out looking for it. What’s up with that? A few years ago I had asked a Jewish co-worker the same question. He was a pretty smart guy. He had a Doctorate in philosophy. After I had asked him he looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said, “I don’t have it.” A short time later I had asked a second Jewish co-worker the same question. The man wasn’t well educated. I didn’t think he would give me much input on the subject. His answer wasn’t what I had expected. It took me by surprise. He told me, “The Ark is in every Temple.” What do you think?
ark.jpg

he was obviously speaking symbolically.