• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

where is it written?

Harmonious

Harmonious, While you can "shrug" it off, that wasn't in the instructions passed on to the Israelites nor the the Disciples of Jesus. ALL true believers of GOD were to be "Light-bearers" of the Truths of GOD.
I'm not sure what you are assuming I am "shrugging" off. I am an Orthodox Jew, and I live as I believe I ought. There is room for improvement, certainly, but I do the best I can.

I can bear light by speaking truth, sure. I can bear light by living cleanly and in a way that people admire and want to copy in some fashion. Absolutely.

Shoving my beliefs down people's throats is NOT part of what any Israelite was instructed to do.

Yes, Archeological proof has verified many places spoken of by the Scriptures, but those persons refuse to accept the people of GOD as having an existance longer than at that site---and speculated by man's timing methods.

To compromise my beliefs is to call GOD a liar. Because any of mankind demands a "proof" made and agreed to by Mankind is to agree that Satan/the serpent in the garden of Eden was correct and the Creator GOD was a Liar/or Myth.
Sorry! A "shrug"is saying the I "disbelieve GOD".

All things which MY GOD says(in those Scriptures) are not only POSSIBLE, but True.
:facepalm:

No one said to give up on your principles. No one said to change your mind. However, your argument tactics leave a lot to be desired.

I never said to abandon your faith. I DID say that using your faith as an answer to a question that had a different goal in mind would not deliver the message you intended to give.

YOU believe that Jesus' avowal of something is proof-positive of... whatever you are trying to prove. Good for you.

However, this is not going to convince someone who does not have your belief system that you are right.

I'm not suggesting you switch your beliefs. I am merely suggesting that you switch the manner in which you are trying to convince people of the correctness of your faith.

sincerly

No, it wasn't. the common language spoken at the time Jesus lived was Aramaic. The majority of all Jews in the world didn't live in Israel, but in Babylonia.

Jews actively fought the Greek influence, and the average speech would have been in Aramaic. Scholars of Greek philosophy might have been up on Greek, Jews aspiring to politics might have been up on Latin, and Jews who prayed and wanted to know more Torah law would have seriously studied Hebrew. However, the common tongue amongst Jews was Aramaic.

More to the point, people who weren't specifically trying to impress Jews but the non-Jews of the area, and later Jews who were under serious non-Jewish influence, wrote in Greek.

The "fulfillment" of these "prophecies" wouldn't have been included in Tanach, because it had nothing to DO with Tanach.

Which Paul tried, anyway.

The Christian scriptures were not a revelation by God, except in your belief system.

Sorry to disappoint.

Harmonious, I saw where there is not a clear consensus as to what Language was most prevalently in use during that time period.
Those Disciples were instructed th "Go into all the world and Teach"--Beginning at Jerusalem and the immediate surroundings and spread outward from there. They were given the ability to speak in the language of the people they were addressing.

Jesus didn't just start addressing people, but was sent by the Father with a specific mission and a specific goal for those "followers to fulfill". ALL was prophesied in the tanach/OT and it which was completed.

The Plan of GOD in the Saving of Mankind can be believed or disbelieved by those who want HIM and HIS Revelations to mankind to be Myths Or understood as TRUTHS. Also, Those who want to acknowledge GOD and Jesus as the Propitiation for Sins and the method for accomplishing that Plan and those who refuse to do so all have knowledge to base their acceptance or rejection upon.

One's witness is the bottom line---for whatever it's worth.

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Hi sojourner, "advantage of the wealth of scholarship that has occurred since 1611"??? Those who translated the KJV into the English of the people did so in response to people being able to read and understand the messages for themselves.
"Scholarship" since the 1900's has been not in keeping the Messages as delivered to the "saints" by Jesus and the prophets of old, but to distort the messages to accomodated the "lusts of mankind."

"swindle off" is the messages you have presented---which are contrary to the incontext meanings of the Scriptures.
You simply have no idea.

But please -- by all means! Continue to stick your head in the sand. I, for one, fail to see how the KJV can be "most accurate" when it fails to take advantage of the most ancient texts.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
ALL was prophesied in the tanach/OT and it which was completed.
Jesus did not fulfill all the Messianic prophecies -- which, BTW, lies at the heart of Christian salvation theology.
One's witness is the bottom line
Sorry, but it's the witness of the whole Body that's the bottom line.

sincerly

You simply have no idea.

But please -- by all means! Continue to stick your head in the sand. I, for one, fail to see how the KJV can be "most accurate" when it fails to take advantage of the most ancient texts.

"Most ancient texts"??? meaning that which the Scriptures prophesied would happen---Dan.7:25; 2Thess.2:3-4, "Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."
Yes, those "early church fathers" did fall away from the TRUTH and wrote "ancient texts"(those "traditions of men" and "decrees made in councils of men") contrary to GOD'S messages.

The "sands of time" along with the "inspired Word of the Holy Spirit" is a safe place to be able to truly see the Messages of GOD.

sincerly

I see. So... only your beliefs are what make God true?

Gee... I didn't know I was talking to the Nexus of the Universe!

You aren't! It is the in context Scriptures which give the Truth of a subject as written by those Prophet's inspired word given them by the Holy Spirit.

sincerly

Jesus did not fulfill all the Messianic prophecies -- which, BTW, lies at the heart of Christian salvation theology.

Sorry, but it's the witness of the whole Body that's the bottom line.

The Sacrifice Christ made upon the Cross did fulfill all the mission which Christ came to fulfill regarding the propitiation for mankind. There are still some things that have to completed because of "TIME restraints", but Christ Jesus DID finish the Sacrificial portion. The ending of/closing of the book of the "generations of this earth" is about to close.

One's witness is the bottom line---for whatever it's worth.
I'll stand by my quote. Each will "witness" as to their own decision of what to do with Jesus and the plan of salvation HE secured.

Yes, as posted previously, the "whole body" certainly did make some "contrary to GOD decrees" and do witness/acknowledge the fact.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Sacrifice Christ made upon the Cross did fulfill all the mission which Christ came to fulfill regarding the propitiation for mankind. There are still some things that have to completed because of "TIME restraints", but Christ Jesus DID finish the Sacrificial portion. The ending of/closing of the book of the "generations of this earth" is about to close.

'generations of this earth filled with badness'
God will bring to ruin, not earth, but those bringing ruin to earth.- Rev. 11 v 18 B.

We are nearing the threshold of Jesus' coming 1000-year reign over earth when Jesus will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.- Psalm 72 vs 8, 12-14

So, it is earth that will exist forever [ Ecc. 1 v 4 B ] the wicked will come to an end.
-Psalm 92 v 7;37 vs 11, 29; Proverbs 2 vs 21,22

sincerly

I'm not sure what you are assuming I am "shrugging" off. I am an Orthodox Jew, and I live as I believe I ought. There is room for improvement, certainly, but I do the best I can.

I can bear light by speaking truth, sure. I can bear light by living cleanly and in a way that people admire and want to copy in some fashion. Absolutely.

Hi Harmonious, I only replied to your stated, "I just shrug it off". I Believe GOD; I can't just shrug and not give my reasons. The "big bang" is the bases for ones argument of/for the existance of all things and that doesn't "answer the question" for what I see. Nor does "myths" for all the "narratives"concerning "the creation" which are seen in writings.
Of course, there are fables/false information and, from the Creation, the human family has been made aware of such.

Shoving my beliefs down people's throats is NOT part of what any Israelite was instructed to do.

Nor do I believe in a "forced Belief" of any kind. GOD's instructions are "Come let us reason together". Some GOD can convince of the righteousness of HIS WAYS. Some, like Cain, refuse the wisdom of GOD'S ways.

I'm not suggesting you switch your beliefs. I am merely suggesting that you switch the manner in which you are trying to convince people of the correctness of your faith.

Thanks for your concern. My Beliefs match most of yours except where Jesus Christ is concerned.