• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where do I go from here?!

Unification

I'll try to keep this short. I'm looking for some advice. I was raised in a Christian home (Baptist) and have always been a very "spiritual/religious" person. I've been taught you can have a personal relationship with Jesus and I have relied on that for most of my life.....praying for peace, wisdom, etc etc

Over the past 10 years my husband and I have studied and have questioned a lot of what Christianity does, mainly the holidays that are so grounded in pagan practice....seems like an oxymoron to not attend church so our children aren't around something we believe is pagan?!

This past year we have researched even more and are now at the point where we are questioning the validity of the New Testament and find ourselves not believing that Jesus was the Messiah. Now I feel like I'm in a really weird place....we have reached out to some synagogues but they aren't very welcoming at all. I am not even sure that converting to Judaism is something we would want to do. However I am not happy being a "noahide". It seems like if you're not born Jewish you're just sort of in the middle somewhere.

Now I am just feeling so lost where I am not sure where I would even fit in with my beliefs.

I hope none of my questions are offensive to anyone...just hoping someone else may have been in the same situation and can offer me some guidance.

Your best guidance is your conscience that is moving and inspiring you to question the lies in which we are all once enslaved to.

Answers and truth will come through stillness and quietness of mind (the temple left empty/desolate.)

The temple is your mind and the church is your body.... no building of man can offer you what you seek. Keep seeking and you will find. And when you find it, it will set you free. Free from lies.

It is written within you, and on paper.... it is not lawful to take another man's wife(subconscious mind.) Don't allow this to happen and don't do this others and you will do well on your journey.

Peace and best of wishes to you both.

ukok102nak

:alien: as we cannot understand your
true purpose for askin that question then will you
kindly do yourself a favor to
teach yourselves ( you and your husband) first on
how can both of you have a personal relationship with
some people who dont believe in gods
and
to some people who dont believed on your
faith and belief
especially unto those people whose thoughts are
so predictable
such as
They profess that they know God, but by their works they deny him, being abominable, disobedient, and unfit for any good work.

also
you have relied too much with your so called very "spiritual/religious" thing of yours
for most of your life.....praying for peace, wisdom, etc etc
so probably
its time for you to show more effort now
bcoz at the point that you lost
your salvation ... . . .

but again
still its all up to you to choose what is good and
cannot lie
so you better research even more about this

as it is written carefully
check every detail on it
and kindly correct us if we are wrong
:read:
Deuteronomy 30:11
For this commandment which I command you this day, it is not too hard for you, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, "Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it to us, and make us to hear it, that we may do it?"
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, "Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it to us, and make us to hear it, that we may do it?"
14 But the word is very near to you, in your mouth, and in your heart, that you may do it.

so as it is written carefully
check every detail on it
and again
kindly correct us if we are wrong
Matthew 11:27
All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows the Son, except the Father; neither does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and he to whom the Son desires to reveal him.
28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

now
Behold, a certain Law scholar stood up and tested him, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How do you read it?"
He answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."

He said to him, "You have answered correctly. Do this, and you will live."
But he, desiring to justify himself, asked Yeshua, "Who is my neighbor?"
Yeshua answered, "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
By chance a certain priest was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place, and saw him, passed by on the other side.
But a certain Samaritan, as he traveled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with compassion,
came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. He set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
On the next day, he took out two denarii, and gave them to the host, and said to him, 'Take care of him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I return.'
Now which of these three do you think seemed to be a neighbor to him who fell among the robbers?"

. ... just for a thought
if we may say so . ...

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

I'll try to keep this short. I'm looking for some advice. I was raised in a Christian home (Baptist) and have always been a very "spiritual/religious" person. I've been taught you can have a personal relationship with Jesus and I have relied on that for most of my life.....praying for peace, wisdom, etc etc

Over the past 10 years my husband and I have studied and have questioned a lot of what Christianity does, mainly the holidays that are so grounded in pagan practice....seems like an oxymoron to not attend church so our children aren't around something we believe is pagan?!

This past year we have researched even more and are now at the point where we are questioning the validity of the New Testament and find ourselves not believing that Jesus was the Messiah. Now I feel like I'm in a really weird place....we have reached out to some synagogues but they aren't very welcoming at all. I am not even sure that converting to Judaism is something we would want to do. However I am not happy being a "noahide". It seems like if you're not born Jewish you're just sort of in the middle somewhere.

Now I am just feeling so lost where I am not sure where I would even fit in with my beliefs.

I hope none of my questions are offensive to anyone...just hoping someone else may have been in the same situation and can offer me some guidance.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
^
agree with ukok102nak

the premise is so flawed im not even sure where to start. *shrugs* perhaps a debate thread would help or something,

ukok102nak

:alien: indeed
as what we observed
for now

and even though
im a former catholic i never learn to dispute the facts
that we are not all knowing and we
humbly accepted it

as i also considered my self as a gentile for there are two sides of this so called gentile thing
one is not born unto the original race
of abraham
and next is the way abraham legitimize and consider all his children to become
a part of their tribe during those early days

so if we could say this
that most of humans were not accepting
to call themdelves as gentiles
but its ok
as its existence has very meaningful story
which in other generations was not made known to the children of men, as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit;
that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of thea promise in Messiah Yeshua through the Good News,

while the definition of it seems so cruel on my opinion if we adapt it unto this present time
but as they say
what real is real and what is true is the real most hardest part in everyday life of every humans to accept in this reality of ours
and that is
according to the bible
if we may so

also
we really want to learn more on how to control some certain unnecessary things in our temporal existence from this universe

unnecessary in my opinion
again
bcoz as it is written
Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

for we are just a humble servant
so as it is written
John 13:16
Truly, truly, I tell you, a servant is not greater than his lord, neither one who is sent greater than he who sent him.

by the way
your also a great speaker
literally and spiritually

godbless
unto all always

^
agree with ukok102nak

the premise is so flawed im not even sure where to start. *shrugs* perhaps a debate thread would help or something,

There are several reasons for not believing in Jesus. The main reason is that Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophesies. It is very complicated to explain, but you can research the following sites: http://jewsforjudaism.org https://outreachjudaism.org. they provide plenty of reasons for why Jesus did not fulfill the prophets; in addition to why a blood sacrifice is not necessary for atonement. Second is that most of the New testament can not be trusted due to revisions and lack of knowing what the original letters say (https://www.youtube.com/user/bartdehrman). With more research on the roman beliefs of the time you can see how Jesus evolved if you read the New Testament in chronological order. Mark, Matthew, Luke and John. When you read mark keep in mind that chapter 16 originally ended at verse 9, which is his resurrection and appearing to tell his disciples to tell the world, plus use snakes and poison and such (your bible will have an asterisk at the bottom saying so if you don't believe me). Mark existed 20-40 years before matthew and luke, one would think that a virgin birth and being resurrected would be important to tell people, especially if Paul says without the resurrection our faith is in vain 1 Cor. 15:14. Then John comes around an additional 20-40 years later and mentions by the way Jesus was the word that existed before creation.

My main point is not to turn you or anyone from Jesus though. I went to a Christian college and took several classes on defending my belief; therefore, you can see my past 30 years has been revolving around a certain world view, which has been utterly crushed. I really feel lost and not sure where to go from hear. I can't really tell someone how they ought to believe since I myself am at a road block. I just need to know the truth.

Last edited:

Sw. Vandana Jyothi

Truth is One, many are the Names
Premium Member
Greetings ANEJIP, and a very, very warm welcome to RF~
I hope it's OK that I sliced and diced your post to what I feel are the questions I might be able to help with.

I hope none of my questions are offensive to anyone...

This one is easy. Your questions and comments are very respectful, there is no offense given or intended. If any was taken, it would be an error on the part of the takee.

Now I am just feeling so lost where I am not sure where I would even fit in with my beliefs. I have always been a very "spiritual/religious" person. I've been taught you can have a personal relationship with Jesus and I have relied on that for most of my life.....praying for peace, wisdom, etc etc...

You utterly twanged our Father's heartstrings in many of us with this lament, hearts which have been schooled in several different traditions and most of whom recognize that there is only OneGod, no matter what He/She/It is called. Please consider a different way of viewing what's happening. It may not be that you're lost, it may be that, after your investigations and intense reflections, you're free now of certain man-made constraints and caveats which ask you to believe in a certain way or another. However, you do not necessarily have to throw out the "Christian baby" with the dirty doctrinaire bath water. Beliefs of God which are not founded on experience of God cannot satisfy a soul's thirst.

Raised as a Christian myself until I was 18 or so, I too struggled with the blanket "Jesus is God" concept. But a new way of viewing the idea was presented to me. Jesus Christ is not a first name, last name thing. In very simplistic terms, I came to understand that Jesus was a man in whom Christ consciousness is fully developed (tenses of verbs here very deliberate!). That makes him a "guru," a spiritual teacher filled with God's love and knowledge who can help his disciples and other devotees experience the Christ consciousness he enjoyed as a man during his sojourn on earth and enjoys now as a spiritual presence. Guru means "the Light, the dispeller of the darkness of ignorance." It is Christ consciousness, Krishna, Allah, Yahweh et al consciousness, a principle manifesting in a person, not the person itself. Please do not give up your personal relationship with Jesus, the guru. Continue to tug on his robes, so to speak, and ask him in humble devotional surrender, "What's next? Please reveal yourself to me, please show me the Way that is meant for me to know you in full, to know what you know, to love as you love...." He will be ever so happy to comply, I guarantee it.

I completely agree with you about the Pagan origins of Holidays. The church is wrong but the Bible and God is clear. He has always given us the tools to know to stay clear of these things but just as in Jesus' day people went with tradition, we today often do the same. There are so many variables that could factor in to how you are feeling. However what I am certain can fix it for you is, a word from the Lord. You need him himself to answer these questions for you and carefully guide your research.. He knows your roots in Christianity and your current lifestyle. He knows all about you and what is leading you astray. Because he is very real he can and will respond to you. Trust me I have been where you are and I know. My Channel covers many topics, but I think this video will help you start to receive answers:

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I see no need to feel lost

focus to the parables of the Carpenter
sort through the meaning of His teachings

all is well

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member

I'm a Christian who converted to Judaism, and I came to it much the same way. I attended services for about six months and became part of the community before my rabbi would even discuss conversion.

A lot of Jewish communities get Christians coming through the doors. Many have honest motives, and are wanting to learn about Judaism either in hopes of converting or just to what they see as the "root" of Christianity. But some have dishonest motives, and try to undermine Judaism and convert Jews away form the religion.

And that tends to make many communities a bit stand-offish when new people show up, particularly if they're looking for answers to the "big" questions. And not all communities are going to be as welcoming as others.
I'd suggest starting off easy; go to a Friday night service and stay for oneg. Participate in light conversations and ask general questions; let people get to know you before getting into the heavy stuff.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I did, but I just put everything down.

Figuring your beliefs are still grounded in theism to a degree, my own involved going back to the beginning and started again.

This time not taking in everything said to me at face value.

I remained silent instead, and left out the human noise and interjection and allowed the rest of nature present itself as it always had with a type of truth that is free of embellishment and fabrication.

Things went from there.

ANEJIP

I'm a Christian who converted to Judaism, and I came to it much the same way. I attended services for about six months and became part of the community before my rabbi would even discuss conversion.

A lot of Jewish communities get Christians coming through the doors. Many have honest motives, and are wanting to learn about Judaism either in hopes of converting or just to what they see as the "root" of Christianity. But some have dishonest motives, and try to undermine Judaism and convert Jews away form the religion.

And that tends to make many communities a bit stand-offish when new people show up, particularly if they're looking for answers to the "big" questions. And not all communities are going to be as welcoming as others.
I'd suggest starting off easy; go to a Friday night service and stay for oneg. Participate in light conversations and ask general questions; let people get to know you before getting into the heavy stuff.

Thank you so much for the advice that pertains to my situation. May I ask whether you converted to orthodox or conservative or reform? And how long did it take?

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Thank you so much for the advice that pertains to my situation. May I ask whether you converted to orthodox or conservative or reform? And how long did it take?
My conversion was unofficially Conservative; neither my synagogue nor the rabbi were officially affiliated with the USCJ, but both followed the movement. The process took about a year, but my rabbi generally used a two-year adult b'nei mitzvah class as his conversion program.

ukok102nak

aye.....

and the fish don't know hooks or nets......do they?

~;> as they say
For even man does not know his time. Like fish taken in an evil net, and like birds caught in a snare, so the sons of men are snared in an evil time, when it come down on them suddenly.

godbless
unto all always

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe it boils down to this: Joh 6:68 Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life