• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where do I fit?

InfidelRiot

I am very logically minded and I have been informed I lack common sense. In fact, it is so bad I cannot understand most of the illogical things others find common. They make statements that are understandable to everyone except for me. Has anyone else experienced this? It is not that I am young. Hardly, so erase that from your mind.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you charged on forum or in your real life that you lack common sense? It has not occurred to me that you lack it, but I don't pay close attention to who says what and why.

4consideration

Premium Member
This thread for example:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/games-pics-jokes-stories/138365-did-happened-you.html

Everyone seems to be knowing what's going on.

I think that part of what's going on that you may have found confusing was a language issue -- of someone that does not speak English as a first language.

I am not sure if I am reading this accurately, but it looks to me like it is a conversation about an embarassing situation where someone intended to report a post -- and mistakenly gave a frubal instead -- and was feeling embarassed about it.

I don't think this is necessarily any reflection on you, except that you did not seem to realize that part of what may have been confusing was a bit of struggling with the English language.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Provide your definition of example. Example of what. Is it so hard to understand my original post?

No! It was a lame example because we all had trouble understanding what it was. Two of us had opposite opinions of what the problem was.

An example of how you are accused of a lack of common sense.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Ah, the "Us vs them" mentality.

I read the thread and frankly, I was confused. Don't read so much into things. When people say things like "you have no common sense..." it's usually an argumentum per vituperium or argument by insult. When they can't successfully attack your logic or reason, they simply resort to attacking you. It's just as common in cyber communities as it is in physical communities. Don't let the basturds wear you down. Stick to what you know to be right and above all, don't descend to their level of debate.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Take pride in yourself that you are not a pretender. It might be true that others only appear to understand. And the other way around too I guess.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I wasn't trying to prove you wrong.

In the Scuba Industry, we have a mentality that says that if they don't dive it, teach it or sell it, it must be crap. People do that as well. If they don't believe what you believe then you must be__________. Fill in the blank with whatever you want and understand that "lacking common sense." would be one of them.