• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are all these frubals coming from?

technomage

Finding my own way
Seriously, I've not figured out how to send visitor messages, but for those who have sent me frubals, a sincere and heart-felt thank you. :)

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
In the banner along the top of the forum, there is a link for "User CP". It's second from the left on mine (don't know if it's standard for everyone).

If you click on it, it will show you a list of frubals that you have given, and the list of frubals you have received and from whom.

At that point, you can just click on the poster's name, which will take you to their homepage, where you can leave a visitor's message.

You can also click on any poster's name as you see them around the forum, and that will take you to their homepage too.

But anyway, I thought it was sweet that you'd open a thread to thank everyone so I thought I'd help you out. :D

technomage

Finding my own way
In the banner along the top of the forum, there is a link for "User CP". It's second from the left on mine (don't know if it's standard for everyone).

If you click on it, it will show you a list of frubals that you have given, and the list of frubals you have received and from whom.

At that point, you can just click on the poster's name, which will take you to their homepage, where you can leave a visitor's message.

You can also click on any poster's name as you see them around the forum, and that will take you to their homepage too.

But anyway, I thought it was sweet that you'd open a thread to thank everyone so I thought I'd help you out. :D
Oh, I found the User CP, and I found the list of people that sent me Frubals. And I found how to click on their profile and see it. I can even read their visitor messages. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to send one.

It's probably right there in plain sight, and I'm just missing it. I seem to be good at that. :D

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Oh, I found the User CP, and I found the list of people that sent me Frubals. And I found how to click on their profile and see it. I can even read their visitor messages. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to send one.

It's probably right there in plain sight, and I'm just missing it. I seem to be good at that. :D

Hmm. Right under the banner with the person's name, there should be a text box for you to write your message. It's the first tab, says Visitor Messages. There's the normal bold/italic/underline etc symbols. You just click in the box and type.

Wish I could see what you're seeing so I know if it's normal or not.

EDIT:
Alternatively, you can click on the "Send Message" link that is right under the name. This will open up the option to send a private message or a visitor message or email. If you click the Visitor Message it just takes you to that text box described above, but maybe it'll help you locate it.

Last edited:

technomage

Finding my own way
No dice, I fear. This is what I see around the banner on a user profile:

1560466_235041996681812_1424263211_n.jpg

And this is what I see in the "Send Message" box:

1897699_235041990015146_892562678_n.jpg

I have visitor messages enabled in my own settings.

Is this possibly a website glitch, or am I doing something wrong on my end?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Huh. It does appear that you are missing that capability. I just snooped around, and couldn't figure out the problem. I suggest you post a thread in Site Feedback, and link to this thread. More technologically minded mods will probably be able to sort you out.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are certain requirements to be met before the ability to post visitor messages is enabled, which are in place to prevent spam accounts from posting on people's profiles. You registered less than a week ago and are listed as awaiting Email confirmation, so that's part of the limitation.

Another limitation is having at least 20 frubals, but you already passed that, and any possible post count limitation.

technomage

Finding my own way
There are certain requirements to be met before the ability to post visitor messages is enabled, which are in place to prevent spam accounts from posting on people's profiles. You registered less than a week ago and are listed as awaiting Email confirmation, so that's part of the limitation.

Another limitation is having at least 20 frubals, but you already passed that, and any possible post count limitation.

That makes sense. I did confirm my email account on initial registration, but perhaps something more needs to be done. I'll check. :)

Thanks, Badran.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That makes sense. I did confirm my email account on initial registration, but perhaps something more needs to be done. I'll check. :)

Thanks, Badran.

You're welcome, but i should have clarified better. What i meant was there's a time limit. Like in signatures, you can't have one until two weeks have passed from your registration date, until you have at least 20 frubals and until you have at least 50 posts.

I think the same is in place for visitor messages, and so the option will just pop up for you on it's own soon.

technomage

Finding my own way
You're welcome, but i should have clarified better. What i meant was there's a time limit. Like in signatures, you can't have one until two weeks have passed from your registration dare, until you have at least 20 frubals and until you have at least 50 posts.

I think the same is in place for visitor messages, and so the option will just pop up for you on it's own soon.
Terrific. The time delay will take care of itself, in time. I only mentioned checking things on my end because you said I still showed as having my email unconfirmed.

Again, thanks. I'll be patient. :)