• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When the ego is weak

Mark Dohle

ego.jpg

When the ego is weak

“It is your faults, My children that make you unhappy.
Recognize when you are in the wrong. Let your thoughts probe to the depths of your misery.
He and I by Gabrielle Bossis Pauline Books of Boston

When the ego is weak it is difficult to admit faults. Our habitual actions or reactions that we develop in our lives can keep us in a state of perpetual struggle with others. If we struggle with those who are in the same boat we are, then it can become even more violent and harmful for both parties. It is a heavyweight to carry in the effort to keep self-knowledge at bay. For we can only truly breathe, take a breath, when the lightness of being that comes through humility is experienced and embraced.

We will always have an ego, they are needed. A healthy ego is rooted in reality. The reality of knowing what we can do, have done and perhaps will do again in the future. When we can one day say with true humility that “I was wrong”, then that is the day when our struggles with others and yes with God will diminish and one day stop.

There are no easy answers to life’s many problems. Yet in our relationship with God, and in the knowledge of Infinite-Love, it can free us from the fear of annihilation if we are not in control or perfect. The truth can be denied, to our own detriment. Things are wrong, are sinful, because they destroy us, not because they are something good and wonderful. A sin is a form of imprisonment, which if it grows and is freely accepted will one day destroy our humanity. If we objectify the world around us, one day we to will become an object devoid of humanity…..an empty husk, sucked dry by the many gods that we serve, that have no power to give life, but only to devour and destroy. Jesus said; I have come that you may have life more abundantly. If we cling to our life that is dominated by our fragile egos, we can never be reborn into the life we are called to embrace.
Shedding can be painful; to not shed is to suffocate.--BrMD