• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Jesus Comes Back...What Will He Come Back As?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
The `likeness` is the wagon to foreverness,
with the blaring of the trumpets from the sky above !

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We don't need to change it; we need to learn to work within the parameters of the situation we have... Thus everyone can be selfishly motivated to make their world a better place. ;)
I do not think anything will ever change as long as people remain selfish. :( As long as people have what they want, if they are selfish they are not going to care about other people and the world situation. Most people just live in a little bubble which is impenetrable. That is what I see. They live for the material world of dust -- eat, drink, and be merry. If they are Christians they believe that are saved and forgiven so why do anything else? There are individuals who are unselfish but not enough to make any appreciable difference given the tasks at hand. As such, it might just take God intervening to turn this ship around.

“The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake.Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 118-119

“He Who is the Eternal Truth knoweth well what the breasts of men conceal. His long forbearance hath emboldened His creatures, for not until the appointed time is come will He rend any veil asunder. His surpassing mercy hath restrained the fury of His wrath, and caused most people to imagine that the one true God is unaware of the things they have privily committed. By Him Who is the All-Knowing, the All-Informed! The mirror of His knowledge reflecteth, with complete distinctness, precision and fidelity, the doings of all men.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 204
Yet really if people would just accept the Messiah was back, we could just recruit all religions instantly; if certain religions would accept correction that is...
Do you believe that the Messiah came back? Who do you believe He was?

Of course you know I believe Baha'u'llah was the Messiah but that does not mean that religions could be recruited instantly since man has the free will to choose what to believe. Most people of the older religions are not about to relinquish them because they are emotionally attached to their own Prophets and religious traditions and they believe that only their religion is the truth from God. I do not know how you think that could change instantly because hardly any religious people accept corrections.

Moreover, most religious people do not want to be united with other religions because they have a sense of territoriality and like being special. If more people wanted to be united, there would be a lot more Baha'is in the world. The Baha'i Faith has a unique message although there are now others like you promoting the same idea. I believe that was the effect Baha'u'llah had upon the world when He came and released the Holy Spirit.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Do you believe that the Messiah came back? Who do you believe He was?
It was a hypothetical question in the way it was written...

Yet I'm sent from Heaven before the Tribulation; tho don't want to take anyone else's shoes...

So wouldn't claim anything until appointed to do so; yet was asked to build a place for all religions, and create peace from it...

Then the enlightened saints come back, and we just keep the Godly.
I do not know how you think that could change instantly because hardly any religious people accept corrections.
We don't think it could be fixed instantly, as even religious correction like Buddha Vs Hinduism or Yeshua Vs Judaism, has caused an opposite reaction to greater extremes.
was the Messiah
There are qualifying things that have to happen for the person to be the Messiah:
  • The Snare, and Curse must be removed first, which means a new reality without the Abrahamic religious texts.
  • World peace occurs, where everyone globally knows God.
  • The enlightened saints return.
  • God comes here in the Messianic Age.
So since these criteria have not been fulfilled previously, no one can claim to be the Messiah until these things happen...

Which I've been told as a child is soon; which is where it scares me, as no one even wants to listen properly, and many don't realize this is all about to happen.
If they are Christians they believe that are saved and forgiven so why do anything else?
It is possible to educate Christianity that they've been set up to go to Hell, as the text exists to justify it... Getting the world to listen is the only problem.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There are qualifying things that have to happen for the person to be the Messiah:

· The Snare, and Curse must be removed first, which means a new reality without the Abrahamic religious texts.
· World peace occurs, where everyone globally knows God.
· The enlightened saints return.
· God comes here in the Messianic Age.

So since these criteria have not been fulfilled previously, no one can claim to be the Messiah until these things happen...
I agree those things will happen during the Messianic Age, although I do not believe that God can ever come to earth.

Maybe most people will not realize that the Messiah has come until these things happen, but just because these things have not yet happened does not mean the Messiah did not come. It is unreasonable to expect that these things would happen in a short period of time, given the selfishness and recalcitrance of humankind, as well as their attachment to the older Abrahamic religions.
Which I've been told as a child is soon; which is where it scares me, as no one even wants to listen properly, and many don't realize this is all about to happen.
I believe these things will happen but we cannot know when or exactly how.
It is possible to educate Christianity that they've been set up to go to Hell, as the text exists to justify it... Getting the world to listen is the only problem.
Do you mean that it is possible to educate Christians that there is no such thing as Hell, because the text exists justify it, but that most people will not listen?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Do you mean that it is possible to educate Christians that there is no such thing as Hell, because the text exists justify it, but that most people will not listen?
The Bible along with many religious texts suggest we're on the top floor of Hell, which is why people are selfish...

As people don't want to recognize their own inner demons or that they're all fallen angels.

Yet using the Bible to educate mankind they're evil, could help us turn it around if people acknowledged their own faults.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible along with many religious texts suggest we're on the top floor of Hell, which is why people are selfish...
Interesting the way you put that, top floor of hell... I guess that floor would be just underneath heaven, figuratively speaking. :)
As people don't want to recognize their own inner demons or that they're all fallen angels.
That certainly is true that most people do not want to look at their lower material nature, their Satanic self, but one cannot fix what they are unaware of. :oops:
Yet using the Bible to educate mankind they're evil, could help us turn it around if people acknowledged their own faults.
That is the only way that humanity will ever turn around. First mankind needs to turn towards the Source of all knowledge, which is God, and then people need to acknowledge their own faults and work on overcoming them.

"Our past is not the thing that matters so much in this world as what we intend to do with our future. The inestimable value of religion is that when a man is vitally connected with it, through a real and living belief in it and in the Prophet Who brought it, he receives a strength greater than his own which helps him to develop his good characteristics and overcome his bad ones. The whole purpose of religion is to change not only our thoughts but our acts; when we believe in God and His Prophet and His Teachings, we find we are growing, even though we perhaps thought ourselves incapable of growth and change!"

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, October 3, 1943)
Lights of Guidance (second part):A Bahá'í Reference File