• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your opinion of Rep. Ron Paul?

Tolerance

What's your opinion of Congressman Ron Paul of Texas? I'm not asking for a debate, but rather a discussion please.

Ron Paul is a psychotic nutjob.

He's against separation of the xtian church and state and has some strange love affair with Islam, but hates every other religion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He's against separation of the xtian church and state and has some strange love affair with Islam, but hates every other religion.
This is news to me. Have a source there, fella?

Note: This is a Libertarian Only section. If not one of us, you're limited to respectful questions.

Mazdak

He is not necessarily "against" separation of Church and State. He believes in constitutional religious freedom and doesn't think that the state should impose secularism on its people.

I don't particularly care for him to be honest. If you would like a valuable resource for some of his voting record and quotes regarding some prominent issues, I present to you:
Ron Paul on the Issues

Voting record/quotes on the following issues:
Abortion, stem cell research, budget & economy, civil rights, corporations, crime, drugs, education, energy & oil, environment, families & children, foreign policy, free trade, government reform, gun control, health care, homeland security, immigration, jobs, principles & values, social security, tax reform, technology, war & peace, welfare & poverty, and "VoteMatch Responses" (worth a look).

Hope this helps a bit
~mdb

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
What's your opinion of Congressman Ron Paul of Texas? I'm not asking for a debate, but rather a discussion please.
I think I agree with him on his foreign policy. I dont agree with him on most other things. But he is certainly respectable because he seems honest.

Crystallas

Myself being a veteran(and not just someone related to a bunch of military), I completely agree with his non-intervention foreign policy as well as his interpretation of our actions in the world today.

Being a small businessman, I completely agree with his economic fundamentals and method to implement those changes.

As a humanitarian(I actually put my money where my mouth is), I completely support his method to save entitlements, and promote the best interests of the American lower class.

As a frequent international traveler, I completely agree with his ideas on eliminating foreign aid and opening up trade.

And for Ron Paul being a Doctor, I love his solutions for health care. It's too bad that in interviews and during debates, he can't elaborate more than 0.01% of his solutions in the set time. After reading many of his books, he's spot on! And when you read the blogs of leading doctors/health personalities(that aren't linked to big-pharma), Ron's views and ideas line up to help the average person far more than the lobbyist controlled members in Washington.

As a Libertarian, he doesn't go anywhere near far enough to run for the Libertarian party by today's standards. But he actually fits in perfectly with the "Old Right" republican guidelines. It's the neo-conservative wing that is making the Republican Party look bad, much like the federalist/neo-progressive wing of the Democratic Party is making the democratic party look bad. The neo-conservative hijacking of the republican party shouldn't push perception into making people believe that Ron Paul does not fit with the fundamental ideas of the Republican Party, this whole, he should run as a Libertarian is just media fodder from the neo-conservative media heads.

Ron Paul is right for our problems today. This man has changed the world.

I agree with Ron's stances 98% of the time, but he's old.. HEY! I should vote for someone I barely agree with just because they are younger. LMAO!!!

Last edited:

muslim-

I think he's the only honest politician out there and he's been speaking his mind for years. Not changing his ideas just to gain support of powerful lobbies, or for political parties ( and possibly win), deserves nothing but respect.

I agree with most of his ideas, especially ones regarding important issues the US faces today. I disagree with him on issues related to healthcare and such, but I think he's the only person in the race that can actually help the US and actually do something regarding the more serious problems, and also bring America back to what it used to be (the ideals etc)

His sincerity, and actually standing for something even if it would cost him an election, is something the US badly needs.

I have much respect for him, but I don't think they'll let him win. I think the rest will just drag the US down, and he's the only one that would do the opposite.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
I agree with most of his positions, like the earlier posters. I wish he were running as a Libertarian as he's not 'far right' enough to have a chance in of winning the GOP nomination.