• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's wrong with Sharia Law?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you

You are most welcome. :)

All religious injunctions are stated in the Quran. Most of them are personal (between you and God) and some would involve members of the community getting involved where the acts affect someone other than oneself. However. even with the latter the guidelines are clear.

Do you think that the Muslim government should apply these rules or they rather should throw it away and adopt a man-made law inherited from a previous colony era or suggested by modern so called democratic country?

Call it shariah, call it Quranic law, call it whatever name you want. Don't you believe that Muslims had in the past--and still need--a law that can protect their rights and settle their day-to-day affairs, either it was about family (marriage, divore), business (riba), etc?

You will answer me saying that you don't like how muslims apply now and that sort of thing, but what i'm asking is, do you believe that we need such a thing in our life or we don't, in theory?!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I wish to ask a respectful question,if you were God would you have included Sharia law into the Quran or have it as it is now where some hadiths are right some wrong and looking at the way things are would you approve

.lava

Veteran Member
Hi can i respectably ask,can anyone tell me what is right about Sharia law.

hi, we are social creatures and we need each other that's why we live together. society needs laws. as we are not perfect, the laws we think of can't be perfect. our laws evolve in time. as we become more humane, we may need better laws. laws in Qur'an, in my opinion, is a short cut. i hope i answered your question. you'd be welcomed to ask and share as you like :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wish to ask a respectful question,if you were God would you have included Sharia law into the Quran or have it as it is now where some hadiths are right some wrong and looking at the way things are would you approve

If God wanted for everything to be done by him, he would have created Adam with built-in eternal information, but the reality is that, God chose to teach Adam, and we just had to follow. Allah gave us the guideline, so we have to understand things around us based on that guideline in the Quran as life change. He wanted us to be good and to reflect what we have learnt from the Quran. Regarding the hadiths, it's easy to differentiate which hadith is right and which is wrong, not as what some people make a big deal out of it.

Laila

Do you think that the Muslim government should apply these rules or they rather should throw it away and adopt a man-made law inherited from a previous colony era or suggested by modern so called democratic country?

If a muslim country is to apply any rules it must first have freedom as the foundation for its society. (2:256)

Call it shariah, call it Quranic law, call it whatever name you want. Don't you believe that Muslims had in the past--and still need--a law that can protect their rights and settle their day-to-day affairs, either it was about family (marriage, divore), business (riba), etc?

Any society needs laws that protect its citizens and allow them to live in harmony.

You will answer me saying that you don't like how muslims apply now and that sort of thing, but what i'm asking is, do you believe that we need such a thing in our life or we don't, in theory?!

All of us who claim to be muslims are individually answerable to God on the Day of Judgment for our individual acts and our adherence to God's commandments (in the Quran). Our individual responsibility in a society is to maintain (and strife to keep) religious, political and economic freedoms using all possible means.

Laila

no compulsion IN RELIGION. it is not only about non-Muslims it is also about people who is IN RELIGION. following Qur'an of course duty of any one who wants to be a better Muslim. yet nobody is perfect and no authority is given others to force you. religion is about loving what you're doing. not just doing.

Good post .lava

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
hi, we are social creatures and we need each other that's why we live together. society needs laws. as we are not perfect, the laws we think of can't be perfect. our laws evolve in time. as we become more humane, we may need better laws. laws in Qur'an, in my opinion, is a short cut. i hope i answered your question. you'd be welcomed to ask and share as you like :)

IMHO religion has no part to play in law other than to swear under oath that you are telling the truth in court and although civil law is'nt perfect it is and should be the only law.

.lava

Veteran Member
IMHO religion has no part to play in law other than to swear under oath that you are telling the truth in court and although civil law is'nt perfect it is and should be the only law.

religion of Islam and laws of God are perfect. it has perfect effect on society if people practiced everything. someone who does his salaat 5 times (or 7 times if cares for Sunnah as we do) a day, who does Zikr of Allah, who gives zakat, who goes fasting a day in a week, who tell no lies...etc etc etc. there is no way he would steal. religion is not there to punish people. it protects people from commiting crimes.

you, as someone who was born and raised in different society, can be judgemental about wrong doings your media shares with you all the time. i can understand that situation. but you have us. you should know none of us is your enemy. i am really not. i know the first thing that a person has as an experience in world is to commit sins. this is part of being a human. to try to be a better person is not a privilege. everybody has that oopurtunity as long as he lives. for that matter, in my commun, we don't try to change others and we don't expect other people to be better. each of us has one wild ego to fight for a life time and i as a friend assure you, your life time would be just enough to change your own self. not others. this is how it works. it is always ego to blaim cos ego follows satan. without ego a human being is a jewel. so we dedicate our lives to purify our egos. we therefor are not enemies of human. we have just one enemy, that would be satan.

that's all :)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
religion of Islam and laws of God are perfect. it has perfect effect on society if people practiced everything. someone who does his salaat 5 times (or 7 times if cares for Sunnah as we do) a day, who does Zikr of Allah, who gives zakat, who goes fasting a day in a week, who tell no lies...etc etc etc. there is no way he would steal. religion is not there to punish people. it protects people from commiting crimes.

you, as someone who was born and raised in different society, can be judgemental about wrong doings your media shares with you all the time. i can understand that situation. but you have us. you should know none of us is your enemy. i am really not. i know the first thing that a person has as an experience in world is to commit sins. this is part of being a human. to try to be a better person is not a privilege. everybody has that oopurtunity as long as he lives. for that matter, in my commun, we don't try to change others and we don't expect other people to be better. each of us has one wild ego to fight for a life time and i as a friend assure you, your life time would be just enough to change your own self. not others. this is how it works. it is always ego to blaim cos ego follows satan. without ego a human being is a jewel. so we dedicate our lives to purify our egos. we therefor are not enemies of human. we have just one enemy, that would be satan.

that's all :)

Of course i know you are not my enemy and have met and worked with many Muslims but i do have a problem with Sharia law in this country.
The reason i have a problem is the way it is implemented in certain parts of the world and especially to women.
Our Law covers everything from birth to death so we have no need for any other law,my other probm is that many Muslims will not speak out about the insurgents who do atrocious things in the name of your faith.

.lava

Veteran Member
Of course i know you are not my enemy and have met and worked with many Muslims but i do have a problem with Sharia law in this country.
The reason i have a problem is the way it is implemented in certain parts of the world and especially to women.
Our Law covers everything from birth to death so we have no need for any other law,my other probm is that many Muslims will not speak out about the insurgents who do atrocious things in the name of your faith.

Islam commands democracy. therefor it is known as religion of tolerance. God says that Sharia has never changed. God gave the same sharia to Musa (PBUH) and Jesus (PBUH). Sharia is like physical facts. they don't change in time. after death of Mohammed (PBUH) sharia was lived for nearly 200 years. aftre that there've been some Imams who started argue about what faith is. instead of Qur'an, people followed those Imams and they believed their explainations. as a result sections appeared. no sections are there in Qur'an. today, in every nation there are people who truely knows and practices Islam. but there is no any nation who does. Ottoman did.

people ruling over people has no place in Islam. as men were created fo God, women also created for God- not for men. there is a verse in Qur'an. it tells about what some people say when they enter hell, here it is:

[33:67] And they would say: "Our Lord! we obeyed our chiefs and our great ones, and they misled us as to the (right) path.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Islam commands democracy. therefor it is known as religion of tolerance. God says that Sharia has never changed. God gave the same sharia to Musa (PBUH) and Jesus (PBUH). Sharia is like physical facts. they don't change in time. after death of Mohammed (PBUH) sharia was lived for nearly 200 years. aftre that there've been some Imams who started argue about what faith is. instead of Qur'an, people followed those Imams and they believed their explainations. as a result sections appeared. no sections are there in Qur'an. today, in every nation there are people who truely knows and practices Islam. but there is no any nation who does. Ottoman did.

people ruling over people has no place in Islam. as men were created fo God, women also created for God- not for men. there is a verse in Qur'an. it tells about what some people say when they enter hell, here it is:

[33:67] And they would say: "Our Lord! we obeyed our chiefs and our great ones, and they misled us as to the (right) path.

Letlook at it a different way,if we had sharia law here aswell as civil law and all the different faiths wanted theirs and there are many,Judaism,Buddaism,Wicca,Quaker,Mormon etc it would be chaos and that is why it can only be civil law as it is the law for all regardless of race,gender,religion and is fair for all.
The UK has gone through hell and high water to have a fair legal system and i say again we do not need sharia.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Lionheart, please, i asked this question in this area to discuss it with Muslims ONLY. Though i apperciate your effort as a British man to show how you feel about it, but please, we don't need your opinion here, but you can ask if you want, that's all. If you want to talk about this, and even debate about it, you can start a thread in any other area. Thank you.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Lionheart, please, i asked this question in this area to discuss it with Muslims ONLY. Though i apperciate your effort as a British man to show how you feel about it, but please, we don't need your opinion here, but you can ask if you want, that's all. If you want to talk about this, and even debate about it, you can start a thread in any other area. Thank you.

OK i will start a thread,regards