• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats up with the "Xtians"?????

NulliuSINverba

The use of <wh*t*v*r> derives from the use of the substituting of Adonai (the Lord) for YHWH (God of Israel) when reading the Tanakh (Jewish Scripture) aloud. Mostly seen, as in your examples, applied to locutions that already get around the supposed blasphemy. It is an incorrect and stupid redundancy; even if the original Jewish reason for using Adonai for YHWH applied to Christianity. Which it doesn't.

I'm so sorry that you felt my intentionally glib remarks were "incorrect and stupid." Personally, I could not care less what sort of euphemisms or workarounds theists utilize to avoid somehow offending their alleged-to-exist deity or deities. However, you ought to note that I made no attempt to demonstrate that there was any historical rationale whatsoever behind my remarks. So if we're going to bandy about accusations of "incorrect and stupid," I'm quite content to apply that label to your own overtly harsh critique.

In any event, perhaps you'd like to appeal to Yahweh to show me the light? Feel free.

Re. Persecution of Christians. Persecution before c.250AD and the Emperor Decius seems to be 95% unevidenced Xtian legend.

Since when are historical facts important when it comes to matters of faith? If Christians believe that they've been persecuted (and are in fact being persecuted today ... because they're not being universally congratulated for wanting to festoon the country with Nativity Scenes), who's to tell them otherwise?

---

Have a great day.