• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the ultimate goal of human life in Hinduism?

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
Simply put,a community where members are afraid of dying,cannot defend itself.More art of living,Hindus needs to know the art of dying (for dharma).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Metempsychosis, I do not think RF is a suitable place to discuss these thing. I was a member of a discussion forum where people did this. All I remember of it is that its name started with "T". I soon got tired of it and left it. Some place where people can hurl abuses against each other. We don't do it here. We try to do intellectual stuff here.

Last edited:

Metempsychosis

Metempsychosis, I do not think RF is a suitable place to discuss these thing. I was a member of a discussion forum where people did this. All I remember of it is that its name started with "T". I soon got tired of it and left it. Some place where people can hurl abuses against each other. We don't do it here. We try to do intellectual stuff here.
Okay

Metempsychosis

I will ask admin to delete my account.I don't want to be part of this group and this forum anymore.

Metempsychosis

Do you know the meaning of abuse and hate?

The Crimson Universe

Generally the goal is moksha (liberation), though this is understood differently in the various Hindu schools.

In Advaita Vedanta, moksha would be the realisation "Aham Brahman asmi" (I am Brahman).

Do you think that one comes to this realization from gaining bookish knowledge or is it through meditation?

Few days ago while i was discussing about this on another forum, some of the people there said that strict followers of advaita don't meditate. They practice neti neti instead. Also sravana, manana, nididhyasana. Not sure what these three means.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Do you think that one comes to this realization from gaining bookish knowledge or is it through meditation?

Few days ago while i was discussing about this on another forum, some of the people there said that strict followers of advaita don't meditate. They practice neti neti instead. Also sravana, manana, nididhyasana. Not sure what these three means.

I've come across all sorts of methods, and it seems like every teacher has a different approach, and a different vocabulary. I've spent quite a while exploring, and trying to understand these different methods, and how they connect.

Recently somebody said that contemplating the vakyas of the Upanishads is the "correct" method.
Mahāvākyas - Wikipedia

Personally I think it is important to feel a connection, rather than to just think about stuff. It's a heart thing, not a head thing.

Last edited: