• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the problem with back hair?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Never bothered me but I am hairier than your average woman. I also worked as a massage therapist for well over a decade and whatever social programming people get about hair being dirty or unsanitary (all the better to sell expensive hair removal products and services) got dispelled pretty quickly through experience.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Never bothered me but I am hairier than your average woman. I also worked as a massage therapist for well over a decade and whatever social programming people get about hair being dirty or unsanitary (all the better to sell expensive hair removal products and services) got dispelled pretty quickly through experience.

My oldest son's father was pretty carpeted. I will say the body hair caught the scent of whatever soap he was using, actually making him smell cleaner.

My son seems to be getting in that same carpet; might be fortunate for a guy that believes bathing is a weekly chore.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Who expects that? The ones that are expected to be that way so in turn expect the same?

The trend is to remove hair in various ways, male or female. I don't know why. Why do people put fake nails on? No clue but it's a thing now. I am for saving money and being more natural, but I come from a hairy family, so I did engage in some of that, mostly because of easy maintenance, not for any style or trend.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The trend is to remove hair in various ways, male or female. I don't know why. Why do people put fake nails on? No clue but it's a thing now. I am for saving money and being more natural, but I come from a hairy family, so I did engage in some of that, mostly because of easy maintenance, not for any style or trend.

I will never understand the fake nail thing...

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I will never understand the fake nail thing...

Yeah, especially since it damages your natural nails. Same with the fake eyelash thing. I'd rather my natural nails, lashes, etc, be healthy. They will then look at nice as possible without resorting to false things.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, especially since it damages your natural nails. Same with the fake eyelash thing. I'd rather my natural nails, lashes, etc, be healthy. They will then look at nice as possible without resorting to false things.

I guess for me, nails are just things for scratching itches. I guess when I was a middle schooler I used to use the nail polish to paint pictures on them, but I can't recall exactly what the appeal was. Maybe more time and energy for such?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I guess for me, nails are just things for scratching itches. I guess when I was a middle schooler I used to use the nail polish to paint pictures on them, but I can't recall exactly what the appeal was. Maybe more time and energy for such?

Strong nails will scratch itches better. Definitely a plus.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
"can't grow much else. I think he may have 4 hairs on his chest? Very sparse leg hair; almost no arm hair."

Exact same here. Cherokee is my ancestry.

Here's my left leg lol

View attachment 66716

I'm a woman, same for me. I have no leg or arm hair, always the envy of female friends as I never have to shave, I'm "beach ready" year round. No medical condition so it must be genetics, I have some Blackfoot on one side of the family.