• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whats the meaning of 666, why that number?

Peki

Hi,

I simply can't work out why 666 and how and when will you be able to see it?

Thanks

james bond

Hi,

I simply can't work out why 666 and how and when will you be able to see it?

Thanks

What do you mean by how and when will you be able to see it?

It is the trinity of 6s. The Bible uses 7 to refer to God and His perfection. 6 is thought to be the number of man, created on the sixth day and always “falling short” of God. In contrast, the beast/antichrist will strive to be like God. He will likely claim to be God. But, just as man falls short of God, the number 6 falls short of the number 7. The beast/Antichrist will have his own trinity of 6’s, and ultimately fail in his effort to defeat God.

John the Apostle said that calculating it requires "wisdom." However, it's been a mystery and people come up with different ways to signify who it is. See mine below lol.

Somehow 666 is a clue to the antichrist, but not the "mark of the beast."

“This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666” Revelation 13:18.

666 is said to be the "mark of the beast" in Revelation 16 and 17, but it does not mean that. Maybe someone else can explain mark of the beast.

al_gore_facepalm.gif

al gore = 666 in ASCII code.

Peki

Thanks James,

I might have not worded my title properly. I have mixture of schizophrenia and a specific form of bipolar and am on a lots of medication, both injections and tablets. So, to cut the long story short, I make mistakes like that, sometimes.
Sorry.

Anyway, that's probably one of the best answers that I got.

However, I have just done the quiz search and couldn't find a verse in the Bible that says clearly that number seven is God's number or that number seven is holy trinity' s number. Can you please post where does it say, if it does( That it's God's or Trinity's number).

If you give me an answer that's satisfactory, then I would have a few more questions related to the Bible. I would ask them through pm or start others threads.

Thanks

james bond

"The first use of the number 7 in the Bible relates to the creation week in Genesis 1. God spends six days creating the heavens and the earth, and then rests on the seventh day. This is our template for the seven-day week, observed around the world to this day. The seventh day was to be “set apart” for Israel; the Sabbath was a holy day of rest (Deuteronomy 5:12).

Thus, right at the start of the Bible, the number 7 is identified with something being “finished” or “complete.” From then on, that association continues, as 7 is often found in contexts involving completeness or divine perfection. So we see the command for animals to be at least seven days old before being used for sacrifice (Exodus 22:30), the command for leprous Naaman to bathe in the Jordan River seven times to effect complete cleansing (2 Kings 5:10), and the command for Joshua to march around Jericho for seven days (and on the seventh day to make seven circuits) and for seven priests blow seven trumpets outside the city walls (Joshua 6:3–4). In these instances, 7 signifies a completion of some kind: a divine mandate is fulfilled."

"Series of seven things crop up often in the Bible. For example, we find seven pairs of each clean animal on the ark (Genesis 7:2); seven stems on the tabernacle’s lampstand (Exodus 25:37); seven qualities of the Messiah in Isaiah 11:2; seven signs in John’s Gospel; seven things the Lord hates in Proverbs 6:16; seven parables in Matthew 13; and seven woes in Matthew 23.

Multiples of 7 also figure into the biblical narrative: the “seventy weeks” prophecy in Daniel 9:24 concerns 490 years (7 times 7 times 10). Jeremiah 29:10 predicted the Babylonian Captivity would last for seventy years (7 times 10). According to Leviticus 25:8, the Year of Jubilee was to begin after the passing of every forty-ninth year (7 times 7).

Sometimes, the symbolism of 7 is a great comfort to us: Jesus is the seven-fold “I AM” in the Gospel of John. Other times, it challenges us: Jesus told Peter to forgive a wrongdoer “seventy times seven” times (Matthew 18:22, NKJV). And then there are passages in which the number 7 is associated with God’s judgment: the seven bowls of the Great Tribulation, for example (Revelation 16:1), or God’s warning to Israel in Leviticus 26:18.

Speaking of the book of Revelation, the number 7 is used there more than fifty times in a variety of contexts: there are seven letters to seven churches in Asia and seven spirits before God’s throne (Revelation 1:4), seven golden lampstands (1:12), seven stars in Christ’s right hand (1:16), seven seals of God’s judgment (5:1), seven angels with seven trumpets (8:2), etc. In all likelihood, the number 7 again represents completeness or totality: the seven churches represent the completeness of the body of Christ, the seven seals on the scroll represent the fulness of God’s punishment of a sinful earth, and so on. And, of course, the book of Revelation itself, with all its 7’s, is the capstone of God’s Word to man. With the book of Revelation, the Word was complete (Revelation 22:18).

In all, the number 7 is used in the Bible more than seven hundred times. If we also count the words related to seven (terms like sevenfold or seventy or seven hundred), the count is still higher. Of course, not every instance of the number 7 in the Bible carries a deeper significance. Sometimes, a 7 is just a 7, and we must be cautious about attaching symbolic meanings to any text, especially when Scripture is not explicit about such meanings. However, there are times when it seems that God is communicating the idea of divine completeness, perfection, and wholeness by means of the number 7."

What is the biblical significance of the number seven/7?
http://www.gotquestions.org/number-7-seven.html

heavenearth

What does 666 mean?
The number 666 is identified as the Number of the Beast as mentioned in the Book of Revelation (13:15–18).
References 666
You can use gematria calculator on the website

Yokefellow

Strong's Hebrew 8068: shamir
Definition: a thorn, adamant, flint

In the Gemara, the shamir is a worm or a substance that had the power to cut through or disintegrate stone, iron and diamond. King Solomon is said to have used it in the building of the First Temple in Jerusalem in the place of cutting tools. For the building of the Temple, which promoted peace, it was inappropriate to use tools that could also cause war and bloodshed.

Job 25:6
"How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?"

DNA Snake.jpg

AdamjEdgar

I tend to like to keep this kind of doctrine as simple as i can. I know that one would normaly try to define 666 however, i think that perhaps the way in which one would know such a sign is to instead look at what it is not...

The Apostle Paul tells us in Galations 5

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.​

The Apostle John in Revelation tells us
12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.​

Christ himself spoke concerning salvation in Luke 10

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”​
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”​
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[c]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”​
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”​
And Christ specifically identified those who would not enter the kingdom of heaven by the way they treat others in Matthew 10...

16Behold, I am sending you out like sheep among wolves; therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17But beware of men; for they will hand you over to their councils and flog you in their synagogues. 18On My account, you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they hand you over, do not worry about how to respond or what to say. In that hour you will be given what to say. 20For it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.​
21Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rise against their parents and have them put to death. 22You will be hated by everyone because of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

Matthew 7

15Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20So then, by their fruit you will recognize them.

So i think that when we seek to understand the mark of the beast, we may define that characteristic by what it does not do in the way we should treat others using the fruits of the spirit.

I also would like to add a caveat to the above...we are all sinners and all of us have betrayed Christ (like Peter did), however, the important thing about salvation is found in the day of atonement sanctuary service model...

What many may not realise regarding the Old Testament Sanctuary Service day of Atonement is that the atonement is only for those who have confessed their sins. Those in the Israelite camp who had not confessed their sins were not included in the service...their future punishment was ongoing... "the wages of sin is death"(Romans 6:23) outcome applied to those individuals.

So the mark of the beast applies to individuals who:

• do not represent the qualities of the patience of the saints
  • do not confess their sins and have no interest in taking the free gif of Grace offered by Christ
  • persecute others for Christ's namesake in order to try to stamp out the spread of the gospel (note that Christ told us that these individuals would pretend to be Christian but when carefully examined, are anything but Christian in their endeavours).

How do we know whether or not the persecution is of the mark of the beast?

The patience of the saints, here are those who:

1. keep the commandments of God and
2. have the testimony/faith of Jesus

Christ said do unto others as you would have them do unto you...be the good Samaritan, let Christ's light shine through in the qualities of the fruits of the spirit.

I would just like to add, im really **** at all of the above Christian qualities. How i will ever be allowed into heaven i dont know! My hope lies in what James tells us...

1: 5Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But he must ask in faith, without doubting, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways...
2: 13For judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Last edited: