• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Genre

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I like watching and reading Sci-Fi a lot, but I noticed what I write is not really too much Sci-Fi

Though it does not involve magic, it is a nonrealistic type of science, some things are impossible.

For example, one story I wrote was about the future becoming able to mod, cheat, glitch, computer stuff with the future technology, but I don't really describe how, just that it does. Then a group of 'gangsters' i guess you can call them found a way to hack people's accounts or make more accounts, and accounts = consciousness, and that gave the world a massive problem of not able to trust anyone, turning the world into anarchy and very independent trust, they fight to rid these hackers, though are not really sure how to kill them... or find them. Can they stop them before the hackers hack the World's Ultimate Resource 'God'?

I include in my books, 'God' very often, though I don't believe in a God. This God is actually the same in all books, the books are parallel with each other, though God is the same one, the center of all books, and this God is just a big scientist dude. So don't think it's fantasy because I include God.

Another story I wrote was about extraterrestrials living on earth, and they are mutants, each having one super power for each. They fight humans for their own survival.

So its science but not realistic.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
The genre would be called fantasy, in the US at least. Most bookstores and publishers lump it in with Sci-Fi. Some are coming out with a relatively new genre containing comic-book style writing, but I don't think there is a common name for this yet.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Science fiction can be broken down into either "hard" or "soft." All science fiction has to work with at least somewhat credible, rational ideas [at the time of publication], but "hard" sci-fi actually tries to explain the technology and science behind major concepts. Both of the story ideas you presented sound like "soft science fiction."

On the other hand, the original Star Wars, where the Force is invoked without any explanation, is technically fantasy or "science fantasy" since it touches on some religious themes.

For purposes of publication, science fiction and fantasy are both considered speculative fiction and are lumped together in one department. A lot of authors will try to publicize their books as "literature" instead to expand their audience.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I like watching and reading Sci-Fi a lot, but I noticed what I write is not really too much Sci-Fi

Though it does not involve magic, it is a nonrealistic type of science, some things are impossible.

For example, one story I wrote was about the future becoming able to mod, cheat, glitch, computer stuff with the future technology, but I don't really describe how, just that it does. Then a group of 'gangsters' i guess you can call them found a way to hack people's accounts or make more accounts, and accounts = consciousness, and that gave the world a massive problem of not able to trust anyone, turning the world into anarchy and very independent trust, they fight to rid these hackers, though are not really sure how to kill them... or find them. Can they stop them before the hackers hack the World's Ultimate Resource 'God'?

I include in my books, 'God' very often, though I don't believe in a God. This God is actually the same in all books, the books are parallel with each other, though God is the same one, the center of all books, and this God is just a big scientist dude. So don't think it's fantasy because I include God.

Another story I wrote was about extraterrestrials living on earth, and they are mutants, each having one super power for each. They fight humans for their own survival.

So its science but not realistic.
I'd call that sci-fi. Sounds very Philip K Dick.