• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the best way to see a city without going there?

HakkaMex

Just wondering what the best way is to view how a city is like and I don't just mean the tourist attractions. If I google Krakow or Melbourne or Bangalore or Edmonton or whatever then I'll just get images of buildings/downtowns/tourist attractions.

I'd love to be able to see them at a street level (and no not through google streetsview lol that's very tedious), see how people move there, etc. I would love if there was a good series of travel videos but again, most of them just cover tourist spots.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Have you tried calling random people who live there and asking them to skype?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Just wondering what the best way is to view how a city is like and I don't just mean the tourist attractions. If I google Krakow or Melbourne or Bangalore or Edmonton or whatever then I'll just get images of buildings/downtowns/tourist attractions.

I'd love to be able to see them at a street level (and no not through google streetsview lol that's very tedious), see how people move there, etc. I would love if there was a good series of travel videos but again, most of them just cover tourist spots.

The best way to experience anything is to talk with people that were there. You can always google the sites as you converse of discuss. As a side there are lots of world travelers on the RF and many probably live in the area's you want to see. The people on the RF seem to like to share their words with others.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
TripAdvisor has individual city forums where you can discuss, ask questions, post pictures, etc.

But let's face it, nothing beats a real visit.