• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats the actual difference

Union

between a quranist and someone who is just muslim

Dear Radha , firstly thanking you a lot for showing interest in the subject . Actually the scenario is just the opposite . Quranist are identifying themselves as just Muslim while the others call themselves Sunni Muslim , Shia Muslim , Salafi Muslim etc . The name/tile Quranist is given by Sunni and Shia Muslims so that they can be distinguished .

Whatsoever , the Quranist Muslim believe the Qur'an to be the only source of Islam and regard Hadeeth to be a human made heresy to derail the Muslim. On the other hand Sunni and Shia Muslim regard Qur'an and Hadeeth to be sources of Islam and also deem Hadeeth to be the noble saying and action of Prophet Muhammad .

I hope it helps....

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I do find the term "Quranist" to be a misnomer, since the Qur'an IS the main (and definitely more accurate) source of Islam.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dear Radha , firstly thanking you a lot for showing interest in the subject . Actually the scenario is just the opposite . Quranist are identifying themselves as just Muslim while the others call themselves Sunni Muslim , Shia Muslim , Salafi Muslim etc . The name/tile Quranist is given by Sunni and Shia Muslims so that they can be distinguished .

Whatsoever , the Quranist Muslim believe the Qur'an to be the only source of Islam and regard Hadeeth to be a human made heresy to derail the Muslim. On the other hand Sunni and Shia Muslim regard Qur'an and Hadeeth to be sources of Islam and also deem Hadeeth to be the noble saying and action of Prophet Muhammad .

I hope it helps....

Isn't stating that someone is Quranist Muslim to distinguish himself/herself from other Muslims the same as those who claim to be Sunni Muslim, Shi'a muslim, etc?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn't stating that someone is Quranist Muslim to distinguish himself/herself from other Muslims the same as those who claim to be Sunni Muslim, Shi'a muslim, etc?

Is "Qur'anist" a self-proclaimed title, or did others assign it to them?

F0uad

I think the difference between the ''Muslims'' and Quranist muslims is that they reject hadiths in general where in other Muslims such as Sunnis(salafi's), Shia's etc.. uses them to understand the historical context, commentary of verses or additional information.

Correct me if i am wrong.