• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's in a name? - Hindus

Jyothi

you should also please give a look at what i wrote to becky

i only said that what that person posted was true and not false - and i attempted to explain sanatana dharma from its sanskrit word root.

as a hindu, or a sanatana dharmic or a vedic, i consider everyone and everything as much godly as i see myself - i dont see a difference between you me him or her and i see that all of us are the same as everything. i dont see myself as a hindu or the next person as a muslim - i see a small replica of para bhrahman in either case - both being the same. thus i see everyone else as a hindu by associative principle.

regards

;) Oh jyothi i see you are well versed in the teachings which is very good, for i have devoted much in my own time to the understandings of the vedas which takes more than one life time to truely know, my heart lies with krsna in that chase for he gides me well in my human attempt to draw closer to him, but my promble is that i'm self taught i have not aunts or uncles, fathers or his friends to help me in my cause, a spirtual master or teacher would be good for me in my advancement, and permanent release from the cycle of birth and rebirth mabe you could help me in this attempt.........thankyou for your insightful posts, to recive knowlegde for me is truely a delight i'm like uddhava in that way but even he had a teacher (krsna himself) many blessings to you.:162:

Jyothi

Moses the God Archetype* said:
;) Oh jyothi i see you are well versed in the teachings which is very good, for i have devoted much in my own time to the understandings of the vedas which takes more than one life time to truely know, my heart lies with krsna in that chase for he gides me well in my human attempt to draw closer to him, but my promble is that i'm self taught i have not aunts or uncles, fathers or his friends to help me in my cause, a spirtual master or teacher would be good for me in my advancement, and permanent release from the cycle of birth and rebirth mabe you could help me in this attempt.........thankyou for your insightful posts, to recive knowlegde for me is truely a delight i'm like uddhava in that way but even he had a teacher (krsna himself) many blessings to you.:162:
Dear Moses the God Archetype,

I understand where you come from - but i am such an insignificant and small person to help you in your quest directly - and i am in hong kong - the distance wont help too.

if you go to any of the temple towns of south india such as madurai, you can and will meet many individuals well versed in the classics. they will not accept you at first, because you are a foreigner and not born into the religion (you should not accept as teacher someone who will accept you without thought) they will test you, and if satisfied, they will accept you, but then life wont be easy.

but i am sure they will direct you towards knowledge and then towards more and more learned people - i think your success will depend upon your patience and persistence and if or if not you are able to get the right person to be your Guru, who can introduce you to more and more.

you can also ask Suraj, who has been posting here in other forums - he seems to be a learner such as you and me too and he would know a few sources, or might consider helping you otherwise.

cheers

Bishka

Veteran Member
:cool: So i see some people have come back to there senses around here,oh beckysoup61 i did not mean to yell at you, it was just the statement you made seemed a little limited in knowlegde mabe that was not your intension but it came off that way,arkangel......oh so who are you, your statements againts seynori were a little harsh don't you think.....the statement i made was merely emphised on his part your technicalitys are not nessary,alas...your ego must be gone as well, seynori i look forward to your future posts enlighten me..!Knockout

Thanks. See, how I post is, I read something and then ask about it, that's how I gain knowledge, from other people, don't get mad at me if what I read is not completley correct. :eek:

Arkangel

I am Darth Vader
I am a follower of the philosophy Aham Brahmasmi meaning I am God.

Like Jyothi i too studied vedas as a new born. You can say that i was literally brought up in a temple. I spent so much time their that i guess you can say that. Other than reading vedas, i spent much time reading the Quran and Bible but more of Q'uran.

I have spent many hours debating the teachings of buddha, mainly the teravada school with many tibetian monks. I spent one year in ISCKON learning. Studied science mainly physics in college. I also spent months with a Zen master learning to meditate. Attended mass in chruch and listened to the sermons their and discussed bible with the father of the church where i used to attend mass. I have never been to a masque mainly since i was barred from entering. My spritual master for years was Sri Sri Ravishankar and i practice yoga.

So I say i am of a religion, something. Since everything is the universe and yet i follow only a few which is something but not everything. A true religion is that which encompasess everything, every path, every school of thought and philosophy and every god man as created in is language to understand the one that is beyond words. Hence my religon is something since i can never be able to understand everything. This is what i have learnt to understand from all the religions that i have studied and followed. This ultimately led me to believe that the key to enlightment like buddha said is me, Aham Brahmasmi, I am God, where I meaning my soul, my understanding of this universe.

Moses the God Archetype, you asked me who I was, I hope this answers. Now you know the core of my understanding and my ego.

Arkangel said:
I am a follower of the philosophy Aham Brahmasmi meaning I am God.

Like Jyothi i too studied vedas as a new born. You can say that i was literally brought up in a temple. I spent so much time their that i guess you can say that. Other than reading vedas, i spent much time reading the Quran and Bible but more of Q'uran.

I have spent many hours debating the teachings of buddha, mainly the teravada school with many tibetian monks. I spent one year in ISCKON learning. Studied science mainly physics in college. I also spent months with a Zen master learning to meditate. Attended mass in chruch and listened to the sermons their and discussed bible with the father of the church where i used to attend mass. I have never been to a masque mainly since i was barred from entering. My spritual master for years was Sri Sri Ravishankar and i practice yoga.

So I say i am of a religion, something. Since everything is the universe and yet i follow only a few which is something but not everything. A true religion is that which encompasess everything, every path, every school of thought and philosophy and every god man as created in is language to understand the one that is beyond words. Hence my religon is something since i can never be able to understand everything. This is what i have learnt to understand from all the religions that i have studied and followed. This ultimately led me to believe that the key to enlightment like buddha said is me, Aham Brahmasmi, I am God, where I meaning my soul, my understanding of this universe.

Moses the God Archetype, you asked me who I was, I hope this answers. Now you know the core of my understanding and my ego.
Good now there is more understanding,oh arkangel i am god body as well since i belive god is in self, it seems me and you have more in common than i thought i look forward to our future disscussions many blessing to you.:bounce

Arkangel

I am Darth Vader
Good now there is more understanding,oh arkangel i am god body as well since i belive god is in self, it seems me and you have more in common than i thought i look forward to our future disscussions many blessing to you.:bounce
I too look forward for it. And may your path to enlighment of the mind, the soul and the body brighten up your life.:)

Jyothi said:
Dear Moses the God Archetype,

I understand where you come from - but i am such an insignificant and small person to help you in your quest directly - and i am in hong kong - the distance wont help too.

if you go to any of the temple towns of south india such as madurai, you can and will meet many individuals well versed in the classics. they will not accept you at first, because you are a foreigner and not born into the religion (you should not accept as teacher someone who will accept you without thought) they will test you, and if satisfied, they will accept you, but then life wont be easy.

but i am sure they will direct you towards knowledge and then towards more and more learned people - i think your success will depend upon your patience and persistence and if or if not you are able to get the right person to be your Guru, who can introduce you to more and more.

you can also ask Suraj, who has been posting here in other forums - he seems to be a learner such as you and me too and he would know a few sources, or might consider helping you otherwise.

cheers
Thankyou for your post i will do that, for me finding the right guru will be very difficult but that is the fun when i find the right guru i'll know,if suraj can help me in that quest that will be a blessing as well....nothin ever gained was easy.;)