• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you do?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
What would you do as a Setian, Satanist, Luciferian, LHPather, if something tragic manifested in your life such as a life threatening illness, amputation of a limb or limbs, or your on an airplane and its going down in flames. Would you suddenly change your religion or would you accept the situation and stick to your guns knowing your in the face of death?

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Truth be told, I don't care much for flying, but one time I was on a jetliner - true story - and we were experiencing a lot turbulence, I was scared to death, and I remember thinking to myself, ok, we're going down, well Set I guess we are going to meet, here I come. Why I thought that I don't know, but, of course the plane made a good landing. I think the point is, I didn't forsake my personal belief system in the face of what I thought was death.

MacKinnon

I already know I'm going to die, just not when or how. The time or circumstances of this inevitability are not likely to have much of an impact on how I live my life now, and I suppose the revelation of imminent death would be of even less consequence.

As to whether there's an afterlife, either we'll find out when we die or we won't at all. But for now, nothing has convinced me of the possibility.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
No reason to do anything other than embrace it, take a breath, and say "it is what it is".

I don't see why I'd change my beliefs at all unless it actually changed my perception of the world.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
that's not the kind of thing to effect my thinking.

I can't answer with first hand experience as a LHP'er but I can as a Pagan. I once feel off a cliff and I remember casting a spell and asking for the spirits of the wind to help me. Clearly I survived!

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
that's not the kind of thing to effect my thinking.

I can't answer with first hand experience as a LHP'er but I can as a Pagan. I once feel off a cliff and I remember casting a spell and asking for the spirits of the wind to help me. Clearly I survived!

Yeah, Iti, that's my point. How would any of us react faced with a "grave" situation?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Yeah, Iti, that's my point. How would any of us react faced with a "grave" situation?
I like to.think my.beliefs arent emotionally formed, or at least.an emotion higher then fear.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I know of a Setian Priest who died of a terminal illness. He died believing in Him Self and his own Setian philosophy...

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Just to add a small thing: we don't really act rationally when put in an emotionally stressful situation. Let's for example assume you rapidly cycle through the stages of grief when confronted with your own sudden death. First comes denial ("this can't be happening to me!"), then anger ("who is letting this happen to me?"), then bargaining ("please don't let this happen to me!") , depression and finally acceptance. I wouldn't be so surprised if someone went through a phase, especially at the stage of bargaining, when any supernatural power will do. It's a gut reaction tied to where our emotional roots are (often from our childhood) and don't necessarily reflect the beliefs and values we truly have.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Just to add a small thing: we don't really act rationally when put in an emotionally stressful situation. Let's for example assume you rapidly cycle through the stages of grief when confronted with your own sudden death. First comes denial ("this can't be happening to me!"), then anger ("who is letting this happen to me?"), then bargaining ("please don't let this happen to me!") , depression and finally acceptance. I wouldn't be so surprised if someone went through a phase, especially at the stage of bargaining, when any supernatural power will do. It's a gut reaction tied to where our emotional roots are (often from our childhood) and don't necessarily reflect the beliefs and values we truly have.

This is a good point Infinitum, I was actually surprised at my reaction during that airline incident, even though the whole thing turned out good. Then again, I am convinced of certain things do to experiences I have had, but there are a lot of other things I might question all the time.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:
Well, I would say a key element to my autodiabolic Satanism would be the realisation that what you might do in any given situation in which you are 'in the moment' will often be quite very different than what you might imagine.

Therefore I find theory crafting of this nature quite useless.