• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was your SAT/ACT score?

Booko

Deviled Hen
Katzpur said:
Uh... I suck at cooking, too, Sharon.

Oh dear...then don't take up Organic Chemistry, Katz!

We did an informal study of chemistry majors, and did find a direct correlation between ability in lab and cooking ability.

I was voted 2nd best in lab. The guy who won 1st -- his father was a chef. :yes:

my SAT score from 9th grade:
600 Verbal
700 Math

my SAT scores from 10th grade:
590 Verbal
720 Math
my GPA at the university: 3.37
sorry, no high school GPA.

i'm the kind of person that gets the top grade in physics class, but nearly flunks the lab from not turning in homework.

RevOxley_501

SAT scoring has changed since i was in HS, but when i was there we had 800 possible for Math and 800 for Reading/verbal

I got 1180 without studying, i wish i would have tried a lot harder so i could have gotten a better scholarship offer.

jacquie4000

I don't even remember my score....But I know it was only average or a little less maybe, I never did well on these test. But after I got out of High School and went on the further my education my GPA was much higher than in High School because I cared alot more.

standing_alone

GeneCosta said:
So, what was your SAT/ACT score? Your GPA?

I never took the SAT (no need to), but my ACT score was 27. I don't remember my exact high school GPA, but it was probably around 3.0 - 3.2. According to what I found in my account at university, my current GPA is an embarrassing 2.358, but my cumulative is a 3.191. So kids, if you go to college, drop the classes you are failing OR don't fail them to begin with. :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I took it the last available semester of the old test. I don't remember the exact individual scores, but the total was 1450/1600. I got primarily C's, except in Sciene and history, which I had consitent A's in. I barely passed math, failed pre-calc, and government and econ the first time. Barely passed senior english. Fortunatly, my teacher gave me some leaneance since I had a very busy schedule that semester, being in high school, full time job, three plays, and a night class which was english compisition.
But what I like to brag about, my SAT score is higher than my sister's, who was a straight A, cry over a B, schedule filled with AP classes, long hours of studying, got screwed out of salidictorian, all round model student.

Zephyr

Moved on
Luke Wolf said:
I took it the last available semester of the old test. I don't remember the exact individual scores, but the total was 1450/1600. I got primarily C's, except in Sciene and history, which I had consitent A's in. I barely passed math, failed pre-calc, and government and econ the first time. Barely passed senior english. Fortunatly, my teacher gave me some leaneance since I had a very busy schedule that semester, being in high school, full time job, three plays, and a night class which was english compisition.
But what I like to brag about, my SAT score is higher than my sister's, who was a straight A, cry over a B, schedule filled with AP classes, long hours of studying, got screwed out of salidictorian, all round model student.
Once again, we underacheivers triumph!

SoyLeche

meh...
I never took the SAT. On the ACT I got a 29 the first time, and raised it to a 31 the second. I decided that was enough, so I didn't take it again.

My high school GPA was 3.9 somthing. I don't remember exactly :)

My Undergrad GPA was 3.92, which was good enough for Magna Cum Laude (top 5% of graduates)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Once again, we underacheivers triumph!
Hell yeah!
Honestly though, my opinion of school was "I'll be paying off student loans for the rest of my life to go to Perdue, thier is not enough scholorships and student loans I could get to go to a more prestigious college. Community Colleges can actually get you pretty far, and technical schools can get you as far as you'll need to go, for much cheaper, if you plan on working with your hands for a living. So, why put uneeded extra effort into high school?"

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I'm taking my first SAT next month (*gulp*), new essay and all. A minority of other juniors took theirs last semester, but I decided to wait a few months to see if I could improve my math skills (presently in Pre-Cal) and hopefully get a higher score. I have a nervous itch when it comes to big tests. :eek: However, I think I shouldn't have a problem. I have a 3.5 GPA, but that's unweighted, and I've taken one AP course thus far (will take 2 more senior year) and about four PreAP classes. I also was part of the football team for awhile and am currently enrolled in a staff class for the school literary magazine.

I have my eyes set on three colleges: Georgetown University, the University of North Texas, and UC Berkeley. UNT is pretty much guaranteed since I live five minutes away from it and almost everyone from my school who applies there gets in, but I want to have my options open.

So, what was your SAT/ACT score? Your GPA?

I took the SAT test last summer for a Duke University program. I mean, it doesn't count or anything, it was just to see what I could make on it, and people who make high scores get state recognition, blah, blah, blah...my parents sorta made me do it.

Do you add your Reading, Math, and Writing scores up to get your final SAT score? If so, I made a 1560. I found the Reading section of the test to be incredibly easy, but I didn't understand anything on math. Of course, I did take it as a 7th grader who wasn't even good at 7th grade math. :) Even though the critical reading part seemed easier, I scored highest on writing.

Critical Reading: 550
Math: 420
Writing: 590

And then i made, like, an 8 out of 12 on the essay.

My score report said I did better than 63% of college-bound seniors in reading, and better than 19% of seniors in math.

Now that I'm done bragging, don't sweat it about the test, just bring a really good calculator, and watch your time so you don't run out. I think I ran out of time on math. pshh, figures. And your butt will probably be really sore from sitting down the whole time. :help: Other than that, it wasn't so bad. I'm glad I took it before highschool, because now I'll know what to expect when I take the real thing.

Booko

Deviled Hen
jacquie4000 said:
I don't even remember my score....But I know it was only average or a little less maybe, I never did well on these test. But after I got out of High School and went on the further my education my GPA was much higher than in High School because I cared alot more.

This is exactly why my husband said if he ever took up teaching again, it would be at community college. The students are there because they *want* to be. Which means they are motivated. :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
standing_alone said:
So kids, if you go to college, drop the classes you are failing OR don't fail them to begin with. :D

Yup, there is an art to managing the GPA that's well worth learning before the grade inertia effect begins. :D

Booko

Deviled Hen
Luke Wolf said:
Barely passed senior english. Fortunatly, my teacher gave me some leaneance since I had a very busy schedule that semester, being in high school, full time job, three plays, and a night class which was english compisition.

Geez, Luke, you sound too much like my daughter. Her GPA is in the trash because she's always working on performing arts. Being that busy, things just drop out. But her test scores are always great.

It's one of the many reasons we're going to homeschool her for the last two years. Her GPA would keep her out of the 2 schools in this area with a dance program, but her GPA doesn't really say much about whether she's actually learned the material.

Homeschooled kids don't have a GPA. They go by SAT/ACT scores, and GED if there is one. ;)

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
/me raises his hand as an old-timer who took it on the 1600 scale WAAAAY back in 1987.:eek:

I took the SAT twice, 1290 & 1310. The second time, I had been out partying all night, and was still 'feeling it' throughout the test....not that I advocate anyone else taking it that way. :D