• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do with the life you have been given?

Arrow

Everyone has to ponder the question of what they should do to contribute to society, themselves, family, etc...
I just wanted to know everyone's approach to this question. Seriously the more the better.

Thanx much,
Arrow

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
First, you figure out what your talents and skills are. You then look for the points at which your talents and skills transect the needs of the world. At one or more of those points, you'll find your passion in life.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"At the point in life where your talents meet the needs of the world — this is where God wants you to be." - Albert Schweitzer

The idea actually comes from Aristotle, and Schweitzer modifies it a bit.

kadzbiz

I think that if you can get through life without making a negative impact on anything or anyone, then that would be a great start. People should be more considerate of others and their world. It's like the old saying, "don't sh** in your own nest." The trouble is, people don't realise that our nest is the Earth.

JadeAngel

and you have never found out this question personally for yourself? What if you've never found out what talents you've ever had? I was ok at being a mom, and I guess I'm pretty fair at being a grandma. But these days all the things that I dreamed about doing when I was very young, turned out to be what I found out I could not do.