• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the future brings (AI / Robotics)

Nimos

Just some interesting lectures and videos about what we can expect in the near future for people who think these things are interesting. Given the potential and expectations, I have to admit that I am completely baffled by how little attention these things get in the everyday media. So many people are completely unaware of what is going on. I also don't get the impression that the political instruments around the world know anything about this or do anything to inform the general population or even to prepare for it.

This is Tesla's "new" robot called Optimus 2

This is the same robot ~2 years ago

Lecture about the future of AI (Then you can add robots to that as well) Just have to skip past the introduction as it is not English.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's a bit like climate change. People really don't get too riled up over it and will poo poo it unless they see the actual fire in their backyard.

Nimos

It's a bit like climate change. People really don't get too riled up over it and will poo poo it unless they see the actual fire in their backyard.
Agree, in the last lecture, he is giving some examples of real things already having been done.

But again can only echo what I said, Im shocked about how unseriously or how little attention this is getting. By far the majority of people I speak with who at least know about it, are in complete denial about it and that these things won't be able to do what they can. If the predictions are correct and the AI is going to have IQs of around 1600, as the person says in the video, don't even know if we can measure something like that, it's on a completely other scale. A person has to be stupid to believe that it is possible to compete with that.

For comparison, Einstein had 180 IQ.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I want one!

But I bet they would be way too expensive :(

I notice that when it was handling the egg it was not able to crack it into the bowl without getting the shell in with the egg

It didn't even try!

So it's not all that awesome

Not yet anyways

Nimos

I want one!

But I bet they would be way too expensive :(

I notice that when it was handling the egg it was not able to crack it into the bowl without getting the shell in with the egg

It didn't even try!

So it's not all that awesome

Not yet anyways
In the beginning yes, but they are being designed to become "home" robots from what I understand, like a vacuum cleaner etc. But as they get better and better they can be put to tasks that any human can I would assume.

The egg thing is one of the amazing thing :D

It is an egg cooker, so being able to place the egg in one of the slots without ruining it, is pretty impressive as it shows that it can perform "complex" tasks and understand its environment and also that the eggs is fragile etc.

1702660994431.png

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
In the beginning yes, but they are being designed to become "home" robots from what I understand, like a vacuum cleaner etc. But as they get better and better they can be put to tasks that any human can I would assume.
I bet that the demand for sex robots will be much greater than the demand for domestic servant robots