• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religious group was this that tried to recruit me?

ScottySatan

I think a member of a religious cult tried to recruit me. I recall the experience once in a while and wonder who it might have been. Maybe someone here can help me find out?

It was the early 90's in Long Beach, California. The crappy inland part, not the nice beachy part. I was about 14, spending the day reading in the park on my own, skipping school.

Some young woman, 18-20 pushing a baby in a stroller, approached. She dressed in a way that would make most people assume she was muslim. She wore a baggy dress that went from neck to ankles and a scarf that completely covered her hair. Light brown skin, American accent.

She asked if I was reading the bible. Yeah right. It was Stephen King. She looked down at the ground with disappointment. "Oh, I really thought you were reading the bible". A common sight, I'm sure. I talked to her because, in spite of her dress, I could she she was pretty hot.

We got around to how the bible kind of left off where we were expecting jesus to come around a second time. She informed me: actually, jesus has come back the second time. He's alive and well and is leading a ministry in Ethiopia. (I think it was Ethiopia but not certain after all these years. Definitely sub-saharan Africa). I don't think she could have been talking about Haile Selasie, she stressed that he was physically alive at that time.

She told me her church was meeting later and asked me for my phone number, and I gave her my real number. Her hotness made me weak. She actually did call me with an offer for an immediate pick up at my home for a ride to church that evening. I declined though. I knew that nothing would come of my physical attraction, and I was watching a good show or something. That was the end of it. She never said what the organization was called, even after being asked.

Any ideas on who could this have been? I don't see any obvious matches on wikipedia or anything.

Incidentally, my dad was a Moonie briefly in the 70's. Interesting story actually, but that's another post. Maybe cult recruitment will become a family tradition with my own son?

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
It was the cult of the Succubi. I can tell by her clothes she wore. It's mostly a sex cult. They try to recruit young boys for wild sex parties in order to deceive them into believe Jesus came back and they are now living in heaven. Very devious, you're lucky you watched the show.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I think a member of a religious cult tried to recruit me. I recall the experience once in a while and wonder who it might have been. Maybe someone here can help me find out?

I don't know but I can say I was equally led into various religions by young hot women. No doubt a usually successful, except in your case, religious practice.

The Holy Bottom Burp

Flirty fishing? I remember being approached by seriously good looking LDS Christian women a couple of times in the past, it is probably a good strategy when trying to recruit young men right? Talk to the penis, not the mind. Whatever, sounds like you dodged a bullet. ;)

ScottySatan

I think I overemphasized the sex part. Let me re-emphasize, she was wearing a big bulky dress, a hijab, no make-up, no scents, not so clean, and had a baby with her. She was being as non-sexy as she possibly could.

The Holy Bottom Burp

I think I overemphasized the sex part. Let me re-emphasize, she was wearing a big bulky dress, a hijab, no make-up, no scents, not so clean, and had a baby with her. She was being as non-sexy as she possibly could.
Sure, but "Her hotness made me weak" right? Thongs and makeup don't do it for me mate, sounds like you're of a like mind!;)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Everything is hot to a 14 year old guy. Even a woman with a baby in a big bulky dress, no make-up, etc. To be talked to by a woman at that age is (well, actually was) HOT.

ScottySatan

Everything is hot to a 14 year old guy. Even a woman with a baby in a big bulky dress, no make-up, etc. To be talked to by a woman at that age is (well, actually was) HOT.

Exactly. Just to completely spell stuff out, I'm just blaming my adolescent hormones on talking to her when I should have known better. That was the only point I was trying to make in bringing that up. I don't think they were trying to use sex to sell.

For those who wanna come back and say "yeah, right, they manipulated you, it was sex all along", my answer is "Whatever". That this is the least important part of the story.