• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion should I follow based off my beliefs?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
I believe in henotheism. I believe there is a God who is higher than all other Gods, whom we worship. We also believe there are other Gods that are worthy of our worship, but we praise them slightly less. I also believe that all objects have a life force, and spirit, to them and that we can be assisted in our lives by having a spirit for the house, a spirit in the workplace, etc., but we must invite them into our lives. I believe that the basic teaching I would like to follow is that there is suffering in this world and we can solve it by becoming wakeful and by learning the path given to us by the God(s) to stop ours and others suffering. I believe that we should gather for worship together, with other mortals, in a meeting room similar to a church building. The room would have a podium at the front in which members speak to the congregation. There would be no clergy, although there would be a leader for each community who organizes who talks at that meeting, and also coordinates with others around them. There would also be a higher leader that helps with basic organizations, but they wouldn't have any special privileges. I also think the meeting place would have small niches for private, personal reflections. I do think there would be a special being, a prophet, who would come down to this planet to inform us of the holy being's doings and that they would help us write our scripture. I also believe in reincarnation. We are reincarnated until we have learned enough in life about the path to salvation then we are brought up to a paradise of sorts to feast with the Gods, be with our families forever, and have no problems. I also think that families are eternal and that we should and always will be with our families.

I know I didn't go into tons of details, ask questions if you need to. I just need advice on which religion fits into those parameters, even if some things aren't exactly the same. Thank you for reading this.

If you have any questions you want to ask, please, let me know.

There is only One Truth, therefore, only One God.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I believe in henotheism. I believe there is a God who is higher than all other Gods, whom we worship. We also believe there are other Gods that are worthy of our worship, but we praise them slightly less. I also believe that all objects have a life force, and spirit, to them and that we can be assisted in our lives by having a spirit for the house, a spirit in the workplace, etc., but we must invite them into our lives. I believe that the basic teaching I would like to follow is that there is suffering in this world and we can solve it by becoming wakeful and by learning the path given to us by the God(s) to stop ours and others suffering. I believe that we should gather for worship together, with other mortals, in a meeting room similar to a church building. The room would have a podium at the front in which members speak to the congregation. There would be no clergy, although there would be a leader for each community who organizes who talks at that meeting, and also coordinates with others around them. There would also be a higher leader that helps with basic organizations, but they wouldn't have any special privileges. I also think the meeting place would have small niches for private, personal reflections. I do think there would be a special being, a prophet, who would come down to this planet to inform us of the holy being's doings and that they would help us write our scripture. I also believe in reincarnation. We are reincarnated until we have learned enough in life about the path to salvation then we are brought up to a paradise of sorts to feast with the Gods, be with our families forever, and have no problems. I also think that families are eternal and that we should and always will be with our families.

I know I didn't go into tons of details, ask questions if you need to. I just need advice on which religion fits into those parameters, even if some things aren't exactly the same. Thank you for reading this.

If you have any questions you want to ask, please, let me know.
Sounds pretty much like Hinduism. However, in Hinduism there are three Gods at the top - Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma. There is however another being above them named brahman, but it is not a person and so can not be worshipped.

I think you could choose any branch of Hinduism - Vaishnavism, Shaivism, Shaktism or Smartism - these are worship mainly of Vishnu, Shiva, the Goddess or several Gods respectively. All of these branches still worship and accept other Gods besides their main one (for instance all of them worship Ganesha). Also, belief in reincarnation is standard in all Hinduism.