• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What pagan traditions do you follow?

What pagan tradition do you follow?

• Church of All Worlds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Discordianism

• Greek/Roman/Italian Traditions

• Strega

• Satanism / Theistic Satanism / Temple of Set

• African Tradition / Voodoo

• Total voters

WARTORIOUS

Well to be honest although I may describe myself as a pagan from time to time I don't follow any structure, although I do love the carbon cycle; the relationship between plants and animals (and us) and have a great respect for most of the other animals I share the planet with.

as far as religions go with respect I see pagan ideals, beliefs and behaviour as being some of the most logical, justified, true and real ones. I dislike the idea that a god would want money and extreme wealth when he created the entire universe, and surely doesn’t care about objects or extravagant places of worship. I strongly doubt there is an all powerful all seeing entity that created the universe; the universe works fine without one. And I dislike the fact everybody; even in the same religion; all have completely different ideas of nearly everything about that religion. I feel religion is a way of handling the pointlessness and sometimes harshness of reality for those who would otherwise find it hard to cope

netwattie

I few years ago I was into a form of Paganism, known as Multi-Level Healing. As a group, we would meet up in retreats for a few days or a week or two and practice meditation, hueing, bringing in energy, being one with the divine, being one with animals, etc...

The people that ran it said it was cutting edge, because we were using all this to treat people for depression, sickness, injuries...

Anyway, I was saved- i.e. born again as a Christian before doing this, and I tried to mix my Christianity with it....

I was beginning to intergrate my beliefs fully with this form of Paganism somehow- I think it was because the Multi-level healing people accepted anything- take what you want from it.

When I went to university, I discovered a Christian Club, and began to wonder about the Pagan part of my belief system..

I read a book called The Case for Christ- by Lee Strobel and I suddenly realised the depth and wealth of evidence behind the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I could not say the same for the Pagan beliefs were almost completely based on opinion and subjective feelings.... so I committed fully to Christianity, to Jesus.

Since my life has done a complete turn around, because I have reframed my ideas about God- rather than being remote, and punishing, to personal, grace-giving and just.

So that is me,

from

netwattie

Doktormartini

小虎
Well, I am not a Pagan. Like WARTORIOUS said, I believe certain things from many of the Pagan faiths. I love and respect nature most! So, while I don't sepcifically follow and one of the religions, I do believe in various aspects of them.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
netwattie said:
Since my life has done a complete turn around, because I have reframed my ideas about God- rather than being remote, and punishing, to personal, grace-giving and just.

That's great, and I'm really glad that you found the right path for you, but this is the DIR Pagan forum. ;) Also not the place for debate as I'm sure every Pagan here would object to your statement that Paganism is subjective and based only on opinion. If you'd like to discuss why you feel Paganism is not as good as Christianity, there's a debate forum for that. =)

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
As a Pantheist I do consider myself to fall under the Pagan umbrella. Nature takes center stage in my practice and "faith", and I view the gods as archetypes that exist to teach us life lessons rather than actual beings. I have a stronger connection to certain mythologies than others, specifically the Celtic and Japanese.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
I'm an agnostic pagan. While I draw many of my fundamental beliefs from Aristotle, I also draw beliefs from every other pagan culture and superstition. I draw upon Germanic culture and traditions for my values. I draw on everything from Hinduism, to Wicca, to Satanism, as it relates to my personal experience. I would define my religious practice as an attempt to awaken the insticts and to allow them to guide me, in place of faith. If there is any truth in religion at all, I believe it is the instincts and intuition that connects us to that reality.

I also didn't realize there were so many pagans here. :clap Why are the pagan subforms so empty so often?

Draka

Wonder Woman
There are a lot of possible cross-overs in that list. I wish I could choose more than one. I chose Wicca for simplicity really. I call myself Wiccan, but I guess you could almost consider me a cross of Celtic Wicca and Witta. They are different, but close enough to cross over depending on your practices.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Draka said:
There are a lot of possible cross-overs in that list. I wish I could choose more than one. I chose Wicca for simplicity really. I call myself Wiccan, but I guess you could almost consider me a cross of Celtic Wicca and Witta. They are different, but close enough to cross over depending on your practices.

Well, I put eclectic on the list to encompass those who pull from many traditions, I should have made that more clear. :) But, Wicca itself is very big. It's a broad term.

Felix

I'm a Slavic Pagan, I come from Poland and I worship the Polish/Slavic deities.

So I'm just going to put: Neopagan.