• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What ONE critical piece of information made you decide to believe or disbelieve Jesus rose?

Wandering Monk

What your completely missing, is the bible is written to believers. Its not desperately trying to prove itself to anyone. It doesn't care about your ' reasoning ' and demands for ' proof ' .

A tacit admission that the Bible is unreasonable and irrational. Welcome to the party!

SeekingAllTruth

What your completely missing, is the bible is written to believers. Its not desperately trying to prove itself to anyone. It doesn't care about your ' reasoning ' and demands for ' proof ' .

Then take it all on faith. That's what I heartily recommend. Because without documented proof that's all you've got.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Your misquote more like it
That's not what I would call a rebuttal. Jesus said many will come after him claiming to be him and claiming to speak it is the end but not to believe them or be led astray. He also said the law doesn't get changed or lessened. And I even gave evidence where Paul contradicts Jesus.
You, on the other hand, have offered nothing but empty words.

nPeace

Veteran Member
A tacit admission that the Bible is unreasonable and irrational. Welcome to the party!
He meant the letters to the Christians, not the Bible as a whole.
The Bible as a whole was written by men of faith, for people of faith - that is, people seeking God.
What do you find interesting about that? How is it unreasonable?

John1.12

Free gift
Then take it all on faith. That's what I heartily recommend. Because without documented proof that's all you've got.
//documented proof // Given the narrative, and please try to include this , what documented prove ? ( let's pretend that what we have isn't such a thing ,for a crazy moment )

Wandering Monk

He meant the letters to the Christians, not the Bible as a whole.
The Bible as a whole was written by men of faith, for people of faith - that is, people seeking God.
What do you find interesting about that? How is it unreasonable?

He said 'the bible.'

That's not what I would call a rebuttal. Jesus said many will come after him claiming to be him and claiming to speak it is the end but not to believe them or be led astray. He also said the law doesn't get changed or lessened. And I even gave evidence where Paul contradicts Jesus.
You, on the other hand, have offered nothing but empty words.
It’s ok with me if you clarify your original comment because what you originally said wasn’t correct, so I asked you to prove it.

Colt

For myself, I could have said

* there were no eyewitnesses to the resurrection

* there is no empty tomb

* history doesn't record a single mention of ANY of the apostles, as if they never existed

* the 4 resurrection accounts are rife with inconsistencies

* the gospels were all written in Greek by anonymous writers 50 to 100 years after the fact

* the original gospels were never preserved

* the earliest full copies of the gospels date to 300 years after Christ's death

* if God had really wanted us to believe Jesus rose he would have given us irrefutable evidence that would completely eliminate all doubt, but he didn't

I could have said any of the above but the one critical piece of information that makes me doubt the resurrection is the fact that outside of a scant mention of "James, brother of Jesus who was called the Christ"--and that doesn't mention the resurrection at all--we have absolutely no mention of the name "Jesus Christ" ANYWHERE in the secular historical record until after Christianity was made the official religion of the Roman empire.

This is the one piece of information that convinces me Jesus never rose from the dead.

Your obsession with discrediting the resurrection is real because it’s current. But there isn’t mention of 99.99999999999999999999999999999999 of world history. Yet it happened.

WHAT “secular history books” do we have from the Jews in 0-40 AD?

A
G
H
J
L
S

Last edited: