• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Makes a Christian a Christian?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Of course you are. A thin cover for a facile assumption. Don't worry. It's okay. Do what you feel you need to do.

I've been invited to Islam before. Several times. They all failed to demonstrate their foundational claim. That Allah exists.

Joe..? Can I ask you a question..?

Moses_UK

Of course you are. A thin cover for a facile assumption. Don't worry. It's okay. Do what you feel you need to do.

I've been invited to Islam before. Several times. They all failed to demonstrate their foundational claim. That Allah exists.

I do apologise if I was offensive, sometimes can get carried away.

Is to believe seeing Allah?

Moses_UK

I cannot parse that sentence. Is it a religious saying? Please translate to plain English

What do you consider evidence? Every human has a reason to believe in a deity and needs their personal pieces of evidence. the question is, what's yours?

Batya

Always Forward
What do you consider evidence? Every human has a reason to believe in a deity and needs their personal pieces of evidence. the question is, what's yours?
I'm new to this conversation, but I am curious to know, what is your evidence?

ppp

Your question is loaded with at least one false assumption. Every human does not have a reason to believe in a deity. Are these meant to be real questions, or at they just thinly disguised preaching? I am leaning towards the latter.

Moses_UK

Your question is loaded with at least one false assumption. Every human does not have a reason to believe in a deity. Are these meant to be real questions, or at they just thinly disguised preaching? I am leaning towards the latter.

Real questions.

for example, some of the reasons why people follow a religion are listed below

1. Following cultural norms and practices ( some people don't wish to stick out)
2. following the religion of their forefathers (ancestral attachment) similar to cultural
3. financial benefits ( Governments and NGOs) normally pay a large amount to ignorant citizens so they can change demographics
4. cultural and racial biases to other faiths and peoples, so some stick with religions which seems culturally similar to themselves
5. Media
6. lack of mental faculty to read and research

etc,

so what evidence would you need to believe in Allah and becoming a Muslim?

ppp

so what evidence would you need to believe in Allah and becoming a Muslim?
Another bad question. You are tying believing that Allah exists with becoming a Muslim. Those are entirely separate propositions. So I am going to ignore the second.

What evidence would I need to believe that Allah exists? I don't know.

Moses_UK

I'm new to this conversation, but I am curious to know, what is your evidence?

1. look at your organs and see how they perform their exact duties
2. look at the sun and how far and yet close it heats up your body
3. see how fruits and vegetables grow from liquid particles and rays from the sun
4. see how finely tuned the earth is
5. see how your heart pumps blood across your body
5. and how your eyes are more powerful then the created lenses

nothing cant come from nothing

and

6. Read the Quran and read the life of Prophet Muhammad

Moses_UK

Another bad question. You are tying believing that Allah exists with becoming a Muslim. Those are entirely separate propositions. So I am going to ignore the second.

What evidence would I need to believe that Allah exists? I don't know.

Being Muslim means submitting to the will of Allah thus believing Allah exists