• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What led you to your current religious (or non-religious) position?

Sopheria

I was raised Christian for as far back as I can remember. I was never exposed to any alternate beliefs or view though, so I never really questioned anything I believed. Then when I was an adult and went to college I was exposed to new ideas and met people of different religions. So I wanted to find proof that my religion was the correct one. When I looked for proof, not only did I not find any for my religion, I didn't even find proof that any gods exist at all. So I stopped believing.

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
I was raised Christian for as far back as I can remember. I was never exposed to any alternate beliefs or view though, so I never really questioned anything I believed. Then when I was an adult and went to college I was exposed to new ideas and met people of different religions. So I wanted to find proof that my religion was the correct one. When I looked for proof, not only did I not find any for my religion, I didn't even find proof that any gods exist at all. So I stopped believing.

I am curious.
What would constitute "proofs" for you?
And, at this point in time, do you still contemplate the question?

illykitty

RF's pet cat
A huge journey, where I started as an angry agnostic who was trying to understand why people believe... To find different perspectives... To then trying out some faiths.

I'm still unsure about who I am and where I'm going... I don't know what I want, except that I think I want to find something that appeals to me both rationally and emotionally. Something I deem worthy of awe, reverence and love.