• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Kind of Luciferian are You?

What Kind of Luciferian are You?

• Theistic

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Non Theistic

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I am Non Theistic. I believe all gods, devils, angels, demons, and non-corporeal entities are archetypal structures within our Unconsciousness, brought to our consciousness by way of Symbolism. Lucifer to me and my Order is a Memetic Principle of Compassion for Life and Creation, the Light born in the Womb of Darkness . . . defiance of corrupt authority and the Current of Spiritual Evolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
LMFAO! 50 views and not one vote!
I guess that concludes the absence of Luciferians on this forum

Callisto777

I used to consider myself Luciferian before ridding myself of all religious labels. Some would probably still consider me one as I strongly prioritize pursuing moral balance as a foundation of my lifestyle and spiritual workings. I was theistic, and still commune with certain gods from that period of my life. I still use some Luciferian rituals too. But I despise the idea of following anybody. To learn from someone is one thing, but becoming a follower is totally another thing.

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I used to consider myself Luciferian before ridding myself of all religious labels. Some would probably still consider me one as I strongly prioritize pursuing moral balance as a foundation of my lifestyle and spiritual workings. I was theistic, and still commune with certain gods from that period of my life. I still use some Luciferian rituals too. But I despise the idea of following anybody. To learn from someone is one thing, but becoming a follower is totally another thing.
I understand and agree with you Callisto. In my order we strive to emancipate members from prior indoctrination and help them in creating their own Luciferian paradigm.

Or because, on this forum, Luciferianism has been so stretched out because EVERYONE tried to fit under it. It's like a bunch of people trying to fit into the same underwear, and then most realize that they did not like the underwear anymore and give it to a skinny man.

There was a couple-month extension of many people warring over Luciferianism, if you look into the earlier threads of Luciferianism DIR
Egads . . . I saw! :facepalm:
Somethings that both theistic and non-theistic have in common, and IMO should be the underlying goal of Luciferianism, is to enlighten all of humankind, and to spread knowledge, understanding and tolerance wherever possible, helping others to realize the potential for greatness within themselves.

Adept

Agnostic. The Luciferian was is about knowledge, so to choose a belief beyond believing we can never know is not a very "Luciferian " decisions. Anyone claiming god(s) do (not) exist isn't interested in knowledge but rather faith.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Agnostic. The Luciferian was is about knowledge, so to choose a belief beyond believing we can never know is not a very "Luciferian " decisions. Anyone claiming god(s) do (not) exist isn't interested in knowledge but rather faith.
What does "a belief beyond believing we can never know" mean?
My view of Luciferianism is that it is a Life-Philosophy, what you bring to it is a matter of preference. One can indeed be agnostic and live by Luciferian Principles, as one can also be Gnostic, theistic, atheistic, etc.

Adept

I guess people can interpret "light" differently, but I see it as knowledge. Since there is literally zero knowledge on god, or lack of one, to be anything other than agnostic would be intellectually dishonest and not in keeping with the Luciferian path. We CAN believe in things while acknowledging them as pure faith, but I'm not a fan of blind faith.

So, I am agnostic. I believe we cannot say whether god exists or not, though based on reason and evidence most common god concepts are likely false.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I guess people can interpret "light" differently, but I see it as knowledge. Since there is literally zero knowledge on god, or lack of one, to be anything other than agnostic would be intellectually dishonest and not in keeping with the Luciferian path. We CAN believe in things while acknowledging them as pure faith, but I'm not a fan of blind faith.

So, I am agnostic. I believe we cannot say whether god exists or not, though based on reason and evidence most common god concepts are likely false.
Oh I quite agree, and I identify as agnostic as well. Although my agnostic Luciferianism allows for 'belief' and faith in this belief. Allow me to explain;

Without going into detail, I have the belief that we are lower self with the ability to raise our conscious awareness to our higher Self. That there exists a perfected, non-dualistic singularity of Us to which we know as god. We are this individual god.

That said, my agnostic mind agrees that I do not have evidence of this except through my limited experiences and knowledge leading to this paradigm.

Agnostic, I view Lucifer as a angel of Freedom. You see, I used to be a devout christian, and all it ever did for me, was to create misery. I was a zealot, of sorts, so when the fabric of the christian fate, tore asunder, I became wery angry, wich is ironic, as I first labeled myself as an atheist. But I realized I had Complete hatred towards the christian fate, and a sence that the Whole Abrahamittic set offaiths were malign. During this fase, I thougt of myself as a Satanist, then I became more calm, and I felt a leaning more to the lightbringer aspect of Lucifer. So my transition goes:

Christian- Ateistic - Satanist- Luciferian- Agnostic.

Unbound Origin

Luciferian
My route to this path came mostly through poetry and I continue to learn and identify with the archetypes of Satan, Lucifer, Prometheus etc through writing. There is also an element of personal gnosis gained, learning about the adversary, the light-bearer or the individual whilst I am still writing; meditations, reflections and further reading often inform how I approach the dialogue of a given God, Goddess, Angel, Light-bearer.

Writing is my magick and whilst ritualistic magic is not for me, using the power of the mind certainly is. And no, I don't think that I'm being given something to write, more that all the answers are already latent inside one's own psyche.

One of the core principles that is so well articulated in the Luciferian Overview Sticky by DoP is '...the ability to use mythology and symbolism effectively and learn from it while still being able to recognize it is not actually true...' is indicative of my own standpoint. Prometheus is one of the most important figures for humanity in my own opinion and yet I have no problem accepting he didn't exist. He certainly didn't last 30, 000 years chained to a rock in the Caucasus. Likewise, Satan as light-bearer in the Edenic myth was no more real than Adam and Eve but the symbolism behind both is incredibly important to me and whilst the Semites may have struck a chord with the origin of this myth, it wasn't quite what they (or Milton) thought it was! Apollo and Dionysus also speak to me (a future work no doubt) in the same vein as the above - the intellectual striving coupled with the acknowledgement of the chaotic impulses of the emotional human being are two sides of the same coin.

Neither of these Gods existed as real entities in my own opinion and yet, this is an irrelevance to the learning, advancement, understanding and philosophy that each of them have enabled in me, through my own realisation of what they represent, as archetypes, to me.

Unbound Origin

Luciferian
My Path resonates with the position that there is a god or gods that seek to enlighten or benefit mankind through the Gift of psychecentric awareness/isolate intelligence. A Being with many names and faces assigned to it by mankind over the past five thousand + years.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Adramelek, I found the section on the Temple in Flowers book to be the most profound. I've also delved into their various reading lists which I've found to be excellent.

I particularly resonate with the Pentagram of Set which underlines that principle of isolate intelligence so succinctly, unbound from the natural order.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Ave! Unbound Origin, your spiritual foundation seems to be sound. Keep up the good Work!

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

LuciaStar

Constant Seeker
Agnostic theist. Due to experiences, I cannot deny that gods can possibly exist but also would not be bothered if they didn't, as it is what I admire about the deity that calls me to devotion.

There's also the fact that I tend to view deities as forces or personifications, alongside of them being distinct beings (as I have a hard polytheist outlook). It's not purely theism due to the splash of an archetypal outlook, but it's not purely nontheism either, due to the fact there is theism riddled into it and I've suspected I've been agnostic in my theism for two years now, so I should just admit it. :p

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I can't see how you can be agnostic AND theistic . . .

THEISM
1: belief in the existence of a god or gods; specifically
2: belief in the existence of one God viewed as the creative source of the human race and the world who transcends yet is immanent in the world

AGNOSTIC
1a: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly
1b: one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
2: a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>

LuciaStar

Constant Seeker
I can't see how you can be agnostic AND theistic . . .

THEISM
1: belief in the existence of a god or gods; specifically
2: belief in the existence of one God viewed as the creative source of the human race and the world who transcends yet is immanent in the world

AGNOSTIC
1a: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly
1b: one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
2: a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>

For me it boils down to: There's a possibility that these gods exist, as I have had experiences that leads me to being unable to deny that these beings could exist, but I'm not afraid to admit that I wouldn't be bothered if it was proven they did not exist. I'd be perfectly fine with it. That's purely why I choose the term 'agnostic theist', as it's the best way to explain that.

Everything else is just me trying to rationalize where my views fit on the theism-nontheism scale, as it's neither one nor the other but could lean more on the theism scale... but is it really theism? If I allow myself to view gods in a more archetypal manner even though I also let myself view them as distinct beings, much like a hard polytheist, is it really theism?

I practice like a theist but I don't think much like a theist, so I am not theistic but I also am not nontheistic... so where would I fit in the scale?

That's why I use the term I do, but I'm not sure about the others here.