• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"What Jesus REALLY meant was ...."

John1.12

Free gift
That is not a definition of either Godhead nor fullness.

Sorry Barry, your cracks are showing!

Yoh are using terms you have no idea about and therefore discredited in your posts.

You knowingly claim what you don’t know and ... if you ever call yourself ‘Godly’ or ‘led by the holy spirit’ then it is a boast you may seriously regret but not by my judgement!

Do you care to have another go at defining:
  • Fullness
  • Godhead
and then see how they fit into the scripts wherein you claim Jesus is filled with the fullness of the godhead...
Remember the context of the book of colossians? Why Paul is writing? what Paul is warning about? Deception , vain philosophy , Gnosctism . That Jesus was Just an Angel, another Spirit creature.
That's why He says this :
14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15¶Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
With this verse and many, many more that clearly show who Jesus is . Any thing other than him being God would be blasphemous ,to give him all the titles , power , forgive sins , be the First and the last ,the Alpha and the Omega ,AUTHOR OF ETERNAL SALVATION ,ALPHA AND OMEGA: (Revelation 1:8)
AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH: (Hebrews 12:2)
BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTATE: (1 Timothy 6:15)
BREAD OF LIFE
CHIEF SHEPHERD: (1 Peter 5:4)

CREATOR: (John 1:3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

FORERUNNER: (Hebrews 6:20) Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

GLORY OF THE LORD: (Isaiah 40:5) And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

GOD: (Isaiah 40:3) The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

GOD BLESSED: (Romans 9:5) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

GOOD SHEPHERD: (John 10:11) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

GOVERNOR: (Matthew 2:6) And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

GREAT HIGH PRIEST: (Hebrews 4:14) Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

HEAD OF THE CHURCH: (Ephesians 1:22) And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

HEIR OF ALL THINGS: (Hebrews 1:2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

HOLY CHILD: (Acts 4:27) For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

HOLY ONE: (Acts 3:14) But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

HOLY ONE OF GOD: (Mark 1:24) Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL: (Isaiah 41:14) Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

HORN OF SALVATION: (Luke 1:69) And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

I AM: (John 8:58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

IMAGE OF GOD: (2 Corinthians 4:4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

IMMANUEL: (Isaiah 7:14) Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

JEHOVAH: (Isaiah 26:4) Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

JESUS: (Matthew 1:21) And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

JESUS OF NAZARETH: (Matthew 21:11) And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.

JUDGE OF ISRAEL: (Micah 5:1) Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.

THE JUST ONE: (Acts 7:52) Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which showed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

KING: (Zechariah 9:9) Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.

KING OF THE AGES: (1 Timothy 1:17) Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

KING OF THE JEWS: (Matthew 2:2) Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

KING OF KINGS: (1 Timothy 6:15) Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

KING OF SAINTS: (Revelation 15:3) And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

LAWGIVER: (Isaiah 33:22) For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.

LAMB: (Revelation 13:8) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

LAMB OF GOD: (John 1:29) The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

LEADER AND COMMANDER: (Isaiah 55:4) Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

THE LIFE: (John 14:6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

LIGHT OF THE WORLD: (John 8:12) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH: (Revelation 5:5) And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

LORD OF ALL: (Acts 10:36) The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

LORD OF GLORY: (1 Corinthians 2:8) Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

LORD OF LORDS: (1 Timothy 6:15) Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

LORD OF OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS: (Jeremiah 23:6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

MAN OF SORROWS: (Isaiah 53:3) He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

MEDIATOR: (1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

MESSENGER OF THE COVENANT: (Malachi 3:1) Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

MESSIAH: (Daniel 9:25) Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

(John 1:41) He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messiah, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

MIGHTY GOD: (Isaiah 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

MIGHTY ONE: (Isaiah 60:16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

MORNING STAR: (Revelation 22:16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

NAZARENE: (Matthew 2:23) And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

ONLY BEGOTTEN SON: (John 1:18) No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

OUR PASSOVER: (1 Corinthians 5:7) Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

PRINCE OF LIFE: (Acts 3:15) And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

PRINCE OF KINGS: (Revelation 1:5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

And on and on and on and on and on and on ...

John1.12

Free gift
Agreed ( yes we all know you meant chapter 15). Barry only quotes that, saying it’s the Gospel in a nutshell, but believing that passage full heartedly isn’t enough to make LDS Christians actually Christians (according to Barry).
It says ' according to the Scriptures ' . They believe a version of 1 cor 15 .1-4 that's not the same version according to the Scriptures. They do not believe the same things that God requires as the prerequisite for salvation .

John1.12

Free gift
And of course, you believe otherwise.
Lds , Islam , Jehovah's_Witnesses, Catholics teach otherwise . They don't teach the prerequisite God requires for salvation. According to the Scriptures. We can all quote 1 cor 15 .1-4 , Rom 10.9 . Eph 2.8,9 ect but be in unbelief about the verses because we don't understand them the same. Any one can put there own spin on those verses and say they believe them . Yes they believe what they think the verses mean . But be in error . There believing contrary to what the verses actually mean.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Its ok ,it was 1 cor 15 :1-4 . Did you say something about incompetence?
I'm sure you've made a typo or two in your life. Is that what you did when you quoted the same passage of scripture about two dozen times? Just a heads up: When asked to explain what you believe a particular passage means, you don't respond by quoting the passage again as your answer. :rolleyes:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Lds , Islam , Jehovah's_Witnesses, Catholics teach otherwise . They don't teach the prerequisite God requires for salvation. According to the Scriptures. We can all quote 1 cor 15 .1-4 , Rom 10.9 . Eph 2.8,9 ect but be in unbelief about the verses because we don't understand them the same. Any one can put there own spin on those verses and say they believe them . Yes they believe what they think the verses mean . But be in error . There believing contrary to what the verses actually mean.
It's "They're" not "There." And for some reason you seem to be incapable of telling us "what the verses actually mean" without just quoting the same passage all over again. In your own words, Barry, and not the words you've learned to parrot over the years.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It says ' according to the Scriptures ' . They believe a version of 1 cor 15 .1-4 that's not the same version according to the Scriptures. They do not believe the same things that God requires as the prerequisite for salvation .
And what would those prerequisites be? Can you answer that without re-quoting 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?

John1.12

Free gift
And what would those prerequisites be? Can you answer that without re-quoting 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?
1 cor 1.21 . Eph 1 .13
Now if we can agree that this topic ( soteriology) is not complicated and therefore we should be able to demonstrate from what the bible SAYS. Not inference. Not assumption or stringing a load of unrelated verses together and calling it "harmonising " . Each verse is in its own context and should be answered/ discovered first in the context found within the same letter / book . Also I do not hold to any other book or tradition as authoritative or from God. ( other than the 66 books of the bible .

John1.12

Free gift
It's "They're" not "There." And for some reason you seem to be incapable of telling us "what the verses actually mean" without just quoting the same passage all over again. In your own words, Barry, and not the words you've learned to parrot over the years.
The prerequisite to be saved today is ' belief / trust '
1 cor 1 .21
21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
This verse is referring to believing the Gospel. This is what pleases God .

Eph 1.13
says that after we trust / believe a person is saved
12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13¶In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Rom 10,9
says further
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

John1.12

Free gift
The prerequisite to be saved today is ' belief / trust ' Because this is literally what these scriptures say .
1 cor 1 .21
21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Eph 1.13

13¶In whom ye also trusted , after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Rom 10,9
says further
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Nope I trust the text in English as it stands .
Your answer tells me that you have seen your error.

The true text says, ‘He’, not ‘God’.

And, indeed it makes no sense to say that ‘God’ came in the flesh and was seen by angels and taken up in glory into Heaven by God and seated at the right hand of God.

What does your the Greek text say?

Last edited:

John1.12

Free gift

And, indeed it makes no sense to say that ‘God’ came in the flesh and was seen by angels and taken up in glory into Heaven by God and seated at the right hand of God.

// The true text says, ‘He’, not ‘God’.//
True text? you don't know the facts . Which Greek ? Which source ? Alexandria ?
'True text ' lol what does that even mean ? we have no originals. They perished .

John1.12

Free gift

I don't need to play the greek game. I trust the KJV and the ' greek ' where the KJV comes from.

John1.12

Free gift

Your misquoting the verse.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Remember the context of the book of colossians? Why Paul is writing? what Paul is warning about? Deception , vain philosophy , Gnosctism . That Jesus was Just an Angel, another Spirit creature.
That's why He says this :
14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15¶Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
With this verse and many, many more that clearly show who Jesus is . Any thing other than him being God would be blasphemous ,to give him all the titles , power , forgive sins , be the First and the last ,the Alpha and the Omega ,AUTHOR OF ETERNAL SALVATION ,ALPHA AND OMEGA: (Revelation 1:8)
AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH: (Hebrews 12:2)
BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTATE: (1 Timothy 6:15)
BREAD OF LIFE
CHIEF SHEPHERD: (1 Peter 5:4)

CREATOR: (John 1:3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

FORERUNNER: (Hebrews 6:20) Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

GLORY OF THE LORD: (Isaiah 40:5) And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

GOD: (Isaiah 40:3) The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

GOD BLESSED: (Romans 9:5) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

GOOD SHEPHERD: (John 10:11) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

GOVERNOR: (Matthew 2:6) And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

GREAT HIGH PRIEST: (Hebrews 4:14) Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

HEAD OF THE CHURCH: (Ephesians 1:22) And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

HEIR OF ALL THINGS: (Hebrews 1:2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

HOLY CHILD: (Acts 4:27) For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

HOLY ONE: (Acts 3:14) But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

HOLY ONE OF GOD: (Mark 1:24) Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL: (Isaiah 41:14) Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

HORN OF SALVATION: (Luke 1:69) And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

I AM: (John 8:58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

IMAGE OF GOD: (2 Corinthians 4:4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

IMMANUEL: (Isaiah 7:14) Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

JEHOVAH: (Isaiah 26:4) Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

JESUS: (Matthew 1:21) And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

JESUS OF NAZARETH: (Matthew 21:11) And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.

JUDGE OF ISRAEL: (Micah 5:1) Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.

THE JUST ONE: (Acts 7:52) Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which showed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

KING: (Zechariah 9:9) Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.

KING OF THE AGES: (1 Timothy 1:17) Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

KING OF THE JEWS: (Matthew 2:2) Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

KING OF KINGS: (1 Timothy 6:15) Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

KING OF SAINTS: (Revelation 15:3) And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

LAWGIVER: (Isaiah 33:22) For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.

LAMB: (Revelation 13:8) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

LAMB OF GOD: (John 1:29) The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

LEADER AND COMMANDER: (Isaiah 55:4) Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

THE LIFE: (John 14:6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

LIGHT OF THE WORLD: (John 8:12) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH: (Revelation 5:5) And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

LORD OF ALL: (Acts 10:36) The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

LORD OF GLORY: (1 Corinthians 2:8) Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

LORD OF LORDS: (1 Timothy 6:15) Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

LORD OF OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS: (Jeremiah 23:6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

MAN OF SORROWS: (Isaiah 53:3) He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

MEDIATOR: (1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

MESSENGER OF THE COVENANT: (Malachi 3:1) Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

MESSIAH: (Daniel 9:25) Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

(John 1:41) He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messiah, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

MIGHTY GOD: (Isaiah 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

MIGHTY ONE: (Isaiah 60:16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

MORNING STAR: (Revelation 22:16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

NAZARENE: (Matthew 2:23) And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

ONLY BEGOTTEN SON: (John 1:18) No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

OUR PASSOVER: (1 Corinthians 5:7) Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

PRINCE OF LIFE: (Acts 3:15) And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

PRINCE OF KINGS: (Revelation 1:5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

And on and on and on and on and on and on ...
Flooding a reply with the very evidence that Jesus IS NOT GOD while trying to disingenuously say that do prove Jesus is God..... An Angel speaking of Satan, and without personally condemn him for slander, said only:
  • "The Lord rebuke you!"
It is an impossible and a wrongful thing to say that, for instance, Jesus is the Heir to God and also the God he is Heir to.

Can it be said that Prince Charles of Great Britain IS KING because he is Heir to the throne of England?

Can it be said that Charles is EQUAL to the Queen of Great Britain even though he gains his wealth from the QUEEN’s estate?

I could go through more, in fact, almost all, you posted as your ‘proof’ and show you exactly that what you claim is in fact exactly the opposite of what you claim.

The few other verses refer to the Father, to GOD, but the trinitarian translators modified the verses to make them seem as though they refer to the Son, to Jesus... but careful reading shows the errors - errors you are not willing to accept are erroneously written in translation.

But the major problem with your post reply is that I asked you to define what you mean by:
  • Fullness
and
  • Godhead
I’m still waiting a response to that.

John1.12

Free gift
Flooding a reply with the very evidence that Jesus IS NOT GOD while trying to disingenuously say that do prove Jesus is God..... An Angel speaking of Satan, and without personally condemn him for slander, said only:
  • "The Lord rebuke you!"
It is an impossible and a wrongful thing to say that, for instance, Jesus is the Heir to God and also the God he is Heir to.

Can it be said that Prince Charles of Great Britain IS KING because he is Heir to the throne of England?

Can it be said that Charles is EQUAL to the Queen of Great Britain even though he gains his wealth from the QUEEN’s estate?

I could go through more, in fact, almost all, you posted as your ‘proof’ and show you exactly that what you claim is in fact exactly the opposite of what you claim.

The few other verses refer to the Father, to GOD, but the trinitarian translators modified the verses to make them seem as though they refer to the Son, to Jesus... but careful reading shows the errors - errors you are not willing to accept are erroneously written in translation.

But the major problem with your post reply is that I asked you to define what you mean by:
  • Fullness
and
  • Godhead
I’m still waiting a response to that.
Why are you using human analogies to compare to God. God doesn't exist as we do .

John1.12

Free gift
Indeed, that intent is discoverable. However, the intent of Jesus himself is also discoverable! And that intent is different from the intent of the Christian authors. That is why the words of Jesus have been rendered differently from one gospel story to the next, those words have been altered to suit the imaginations of those Christian authors.

By scrapping the altered bits you can reconstruct the original words and get to know the real Jesus.
The intent of the authors ( which wrote under the inspiration of God ,according to the Scriptures) So ultimately i believe its the intent of God . Yes Jesus words ,the things he taught have meaning also . Which I believe is explained by the writers .Who were under the inspiration of God .

Last edited:

Jane.Doe

Lds , Islam , Jehovah's_Witnesses, Catholics teach otherwise . They don't teach the prerequisite God requires for salvation. According to the Scriptures. We can all quote 1 cor 15 .1-4 , Rom 10.9 . Eph 2.8,9 ect but be in unbelief p
The prerequisite to be saved today is ' belief / trust ' Because this is literally what these scriptures say .
1 cor 1 .21

Eph 1.13

13¶In whom ye also trusted , after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Rom 10,9
says further

LDS Christians believe in Jesus Christ, have faith (trust) in Him.

Why then do you deny they are saved?

John1.12

Free gift
If as you believe it was explained by the Christian writers, then they would not explain the same words differently from each other (with a different twist to the meaning).

I suspect you do not properly understand the meanings both writers give to the (real but edited) sayings of Jesus nor have you read or understood those same sayings as a reconstructed coherent text.
The differences are huge.
If you don't have the same mind frame as the one with which Jesus taught, you will fail to understand the sayings because they are deliberately full of hidden spiritual meaning.

But as a Christian you don't have to understand Jesus, it is sufficient to follow the Christian teachings and the Christian Church.
The writers under the inspiration of God do not individually talk about different gods, different places ( one about Israel ,the other about Japan) Different people . One about Jesus, another about Zeus ect . They speak about things from their perspective with the things God wanted them to write down .