• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your opinion of Jesus?

Kelly of the Phoenix

i have found different ones that have the thought that Jesus is a servant. then when Jesus does not give them what they want then he is not a good servant , unworthy and not real impotent if Jesus is not going to give/do what they want.
He can be a master and still suck at it.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Of course! Different people are going to have different viewpoints, and therefore differing concerns. A physician (Luke) is going to see things differently than a former tax collector (Matthew), for example. That's actually an advantage to having 4 different Gospel accounts.
Not really because supposedly there is only one source for the information: God. Why can’t God keep the story straight?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why do you believe the two are mutually exclusive?
I believe it is because I find the Muslims saying they believe in Jesus but then they don't believe He is God in the flesh. They believe things about Jesus that they wish to believe and even refuse to believe the words of Jesus about Himself.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Don't ask me, but many denominations believe so. Eastern Ordthodox church for example says that when someone gets amnesia, the soul continues to have memory, while the brain cannot remember due to physical damage. I think that Catholics believe the same.
Perhaps that would explain why memory can be restored because the spirit informs the mind.

Ajax

Perhaps that would explain why memory can be restored because the spirit informs the mind.
Why can't the person remember through his soul/spirit then? And what happens when there is permanent amnesia? In other words you mean that the soul/spirit does not keep memories and can not work without the brain.. so it is useless as far as memory is concerned.
Is soul/spirit useful in any other respect in a body?

cataway

I believe it is because I find the Muslims saying they believe in Jesus but then they don't believe He is God in the flesh. They believe things about Jesus that they wish to believe and even refuse to believe the words of Jesus about Himself.
well good for them .Jesus is not the god you are trying to make him to be . he is the son of God, subordinate ,a servant of God

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why can't the person remember through his soul/spirit then? And what happens when there is permanent amnesia? In other words you mean that the soul/spirit does not keep memories and can not work without the brain.. so it is useless as far as memory is concerned.
Is soul/spirit useful in any other respect in a body?
The mind is not always fully aware of its spirit for the memories to return. Usually the spirit can step in and take control but not if the mind is blocking it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
well good for them .Jesus is not the god you are trying to make him to be . he is the son of God, subordinate ,a servant of God
I believe you have no basis for that and I have a heap of evidence that Jesus is God in the flesh. What do you think Son of God means in this context?

Ajax

The mind is not always fully aware of its spirit for the memories to return. Usually the spirit can step in and take control but not if the mind is blocking it.
I will reply to you with what I posted in another thread...
"The brain is the natural organ. The mind is the energy of the brain, that is how it works and when the brain stops working, the mind disappears. The term soul is useless. The vast majority of neuroscientists do not consider the term "soul" necessary. People should abandon the illusion that there is a soul, since everything comes from and is controlled by the brain". George Paxinos, the scientist behind the mapping of human brain.
Now, what exactly is the spirit? Would appreciate its definition.. Do you mean the soul?

cataway

I believe you have no basis for that and I have a heap of evidence that Jesus is God in the flesh. What do you think Son of God means in this context?
Jesus is a person that God created, even as a man fathers as son by procreation.
the thought that God would create a equal to him self is ridicules. what would be the point of doing such a thing when he could create subordinate helpers to manage all of creation ?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The only "evidence" you have that Jesus is God in the flesh comes from your sacred texts and various ecumenical councils. IOW you have no evidence at all.

Brother J was a nice Jewish man, but messiah and God he was not.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The only "evidence" you have that Jesus is God in the flesh comes from your sacred texts and various ecumenical councils. IOW you have no evidence at all.
There is no evidence in the sacred texts and various ecumenical councils are not evidence. IOW he has no evidence at all.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
There is no evidence in the sacred texts and various ecumenical councils are not evidence. IOW he has no evidence at all.
I would say that the New Testament gives conflicting remarks, some indicating Jesus is divine, and others indicating he is just a man. People on both sides of the argument simply choose to accent some verses and ignore others.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I would say that the New Testament gives conflicting remarks, some indicating Jesus is divine, and others indicating he is just a man. People on both sides of the argument simply choose to accent some verses and ignore others.
I know of no verses that say that Jesus is God in the flesh. Of course, it is all in how people interpret verses, what they interpret them to mean.

For example, certain Christians believe that “I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) means that Jesus is God.

I believe that “I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) means that whatever pertains to Jesus, all His acts and doings, are identical with the Will of the Father. Jesus and God also share the same Holy Spirit, so in that sense they are one. Jesus also shares some (but not all) the Attributes of God so in that sense they are one.

As a Baha'i I believe that Jesus has a two-fold nature, one nature divine, the other human, but that is not the same as saying that Jesus is God.