• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your favorite Bible translation?

IsmailaGodHasHeard

What is your favorite Bible translation? Mine is the New American Standard Bible. I love it because it is very literal and I believe that it is very readable for a translation that is so literal.

Jason0047

I believe the King James to be the perfect Word of God for our day. I do read other translations so as to update the language sometimes. But they are not my final word of authority, though. Why? Because most of them have watered down the Word of God and placed the name of the devil within them, etc.

I look at reading the Modern Translations as if I am sifting thru the dirt to get to the gold (i.e. so that it matches up with the KJV and the original Hebrew and Greek).

rusra02

Premium Member
What is your favorite Bible translation? Mine is the New American Standard Bible. I love it because it is very literal and I believe that it is very readable for a translation that is so literal.

Glad you asked. Mine is the 2013 revision of the New World Translation, available free at jw.org as a PDF. I think it is an absolutely wonderful translation. They also have a free app called JW Library that allows you to click on a verse and compare 5 translations, including the original Greek in the Christian Greek Scriptures. How cool is that!