• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your cognitive distortion today?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I would say I'm having black and white thinking today, some pessimism, and some negativity.

Not nearly as bad as I was even a year ago, but definitely something that needs work.

I think some of my intense Spiritual obsessions and fixations, have actually accomplished the greater good, because they made me detach from attachments to money, people, and possessions, and helped with integrity, but being fixated on a reality and convictions that one cannot prove, realities that can often not be seen with the visual naked eyes, it needs to be properly moderated, purified of unhealthy aspects + qualities.

People that know me have said I look like I'm in a trance sometimes that resembles almost somebody having a petite Mal siezure. My mother is a medical doctor who thought that, and I even had an EEG to test for seizures when I was 17.

I actually respond better to exorcisms than treatment and antipsychotics though, so go figure!:imp:

Black and white thinking is definitely a cognitive distortion I have dealt with, extremely so during childhood and adolescence, and am trying to grow out of it!

Are you suffering any cognitive distortions?

Psalm23

I think it is good when one can spot their cognitive distortions. The thing about cognitive distortions is they may hide underneath where someone is not aware of them. Societies also have their own forms of lies that go around and gain traction. The lie of materialism is an example of this. Where one thinks that if they just get that new item, new car, new whatever that then they will be happy. It doesn't work out like that however.

Psalm23

Some cognitive distortions I feel susceptible to are thinking that I can't do something or can't handle a situation because of my anxiety. I recognize that logically it is false but I often have gone with my emotions on this . It is something to work through.