• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who listen to music?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If it can get a person motivated to go jogging and get exercise ( as music often has done for me), then it serves a good purpose

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Does music make people more confident and happy? Or, does it make them more deluded and sad?
It makes me happy. It takes me to new places. It makes me laugh. Occasionally it even gives me goosebumps. It also gets me out of the house and socializing with people. Playing it is even better, and it finely hones hand-eye coordination and fine motor control in the hands, and it keeps the brain active in many ways.
Music is a truly wonderful and precious thing. It's very special, and for many people certain songs hold very deep and personal meanings for them. Really, it's one of the greater points of the human experience. Other animals chirp, and howl, and even sound to be singing at times, but we humans not only use our voices for music we make instruments specifically for it, we have a concept and name for the specific practice of it, and we share it with others specifically as music.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
@lovesong I'm sorry to trouble you, but I prefer if you can answer my question. Does music make those people confident and happy or deluded and sad?
Music is a wonderful thing in that it can make you feel anything. It can take you on adventures, bring back memories, spark your imagination, it can make you happy or sad or passionate, confident, powerful, strong, excited, motivated. There is no feeling that music cannot give.