• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with some people?

Daemon Sophic

Not sure what language that was in the video, and I don’t know the region it came from, but it’s very possible that the dogs were being taken to market to be sold for meat. :shrug:

@Audie is correct. As a species, we have no need to eat meat anymore. In fact, it would be better for us as well as the biosphere of this planet for us to just stop eating meat altogether.
it would definitely be more ethical and moral to stop eating meat.

Audie

Veteran Member
Not sure what language that was in the video, and I don’t know the region it came from, but it’s very possible that the dogs were being taken to market to be sold for meat. :shrug:

@Audie is correct. As a species, we have no need to eat meat anymore. In fact, it would be better for us as well as the biosphere of this planet for us to just stop eating meat altogether.
it would definitely be more ethical and moral to stop eating meat.
Of course the dog was to be sold for meat.

wellwisher

In countries that eat dog, dog is mostly eaten by men to increase their masculinity and fertility. Women do not usually eat dog, although they will often prepare it. The men will eat dog to assimilate the spirit of the dog. Shark fin and tiger meat are eaten for the same reasons. It is food for the spirit as much as the body. Not all dogs are eaten. There are specific breeds bred for that purpose; bred for their mojo.

Personally I do not eat meat from predators animals like dogs, cats, eagles, etc. I prefer prey animals like cows, chickens, pigs, lamb, deer, rabbit, etc. These were designed by nature to be food for predators.

This prey animal tradition may have been a counter to the assimilation of the animal spirit motivation. No warrior wants to assimilate the spirit of a rabbit or calf for battle. The prey animal broke that spirit connection; Eat for food, only. Veggie takes this one step further since who wants to assimilate the spirit of a vegetable; pretty but inanimate pea brain. Eat for flavor and nutrition.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
In countries that eat dog, dog is mostly eaten by men to increase their masculinity and fertility. Women do not usually eat dog, although they will often prepare it. The men will eat dog to assimilate the spirit of the dog. Shark fin and tiger meat are eaten for the same reasons. It is food for the spirit as much as the body. Not all dogs are eaten. There are specific breeds bred for that purpose; bred for their mojo.

Personally I do not eat meat from predators animals like dogs, cats, eagles, etc. I prefer prey animals like cows, chickens, pigs, lamb, deer, rabbit, etc. These were designed by nature to be food for predators.

This prey animal tradition may have been a counter to the assimilation of the animal spirit motivation. No warrior wants to assimilate the spirit of a rabbit or calf for battle. The prey animal broke that spirit connection; Eat for food, only. Veggie takes this one step further since who wants to assimilate the spirit of a vegetable; pretty but inanimate pea brain. Eat for flavor and nutrition.
Source?

Nimos

I don't really have issues with people eating these animals just because it is a dog or a shark, obviously not to extinction, and wouldn't eat it myself. But I have problems with how they treat animals, they ought to respect them more. There is no reason for her to treat them badly except that it is probably easier for her and she doesn't give a rat's *** about them.

But that to me applies to all animals we eat, they should be treated well and respectfully. For instance, killing sharks just to eat their fins etc. is extremely disrespectful I think, if you can barely eat anything of an animal or they are at risk of extinction then eat something else.

And no animal should ever be eaten or killed due to superstition.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Did pigs evolve side by side with us to live with us amd be our companion?

I often see truffle hunters taking their pet pig for a walk.

In the next village there is a pig that wanders the streets, begs goodies from the patisserie and green grocer's while it's owner has a coffee in the bar. It's always returns to sit outside the bar just before the owner emerges

F1fan

Veteran Member

That explains why humans were designed to be prey for large cats and bears. And why we don’t eat them. We are lower in the hierarchy of the food chain.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I can’t watch videos that show any animal torture. I once saw a video of a Chinese street kitchen where the “chef” was tossing live kittens into boiling water, and within seconds pulling them out and skinning them for food. It was the first confirmation of what I had heard about Asian attitudes towards animals. I am still sick to my stomach.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I often see truffle hunters taking their pet pig for a walk.

In the next village there is a pig that wanders the streets, begs goodies from the patisserie and green grocer's while it's owner has a coffee in the bar. It's always returns to sit outside the bar just before the owner emerges
No doubt. But it still stands humans and dogs have shared and enjoyed a coevolution over the past ~20,000 years.