• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is there to do in heaven?

Francine

You left off sleeping with virgins.

If we do, it will have to be afternoon delight, for "...there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever." (Rev 22:5)

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
If we do, it will have to be afternoon delight, for "...there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever."

What's the refernce for that?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
The way I interpret heaven can be defined in these relative terms:

GOOD - Utterly blissful, indulgent, free from suffering or knowledge of suffering, beautiful, vibrant, and anything one can imagine that makes oneself happy.

BAD - Completely ignorant of the sufferings of others, isolated from helping others except maybe one's own kind (although existence in heaven is more self-indulgent than anything I can imagine), and eventually impermanent........one day that blissful existence will end, and there is nowhere to go except down.

Kind of puts a damper on this concept of heaven, doesn't it? That is, when put in the context that others are suffering while one exists in a heavenly state, and one simply ceases to care anymore...........

Peace,
Mystic

Francine

How is sleeping with virgins heavenly? I would think people who go to heaven are not punished by having to sleep with virgins.

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." -- Paul of Tarsus

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
That is, when put in the context that others are suffering while one exists in a heavenly state, and one simply ceases to care anymore...........
Great thoughts, Mystic. There is kind of a disconnect for people who believe Heaven is blissful and that Hell is inhabited. They would have completely given up their empathy.

tomspug

Absorbant
The only heavenly activities depicted by the bible are:

1. Praising God.
2. Drinking water of life.
3. Eating from the tree of life.
4. Entering gates.
5. Walking by the light of the Lamb.
6. Wearing robes.
7. Complaining about how long its going to take for God to avenge our deaths.

Can anyone think of more?

What is the point of this thread? No one knows what heaven is like, and the Bible doesn't try to explain it to us. I like to think that whatever it is, we will like it a million times more than the life we have now. That's good enough for me.

Francine

What is the point of this thread? No one knows what heaven is like, and the Bible doesn't try to explain it to us.

The point of this thread is that people go around converting others to Christianity to save them from the eternal agonies of the damned, which they explain in exquisite detail, but there isn't much on the positive side to recommend salvation. So it's basically Jesus, in a nice Italian suit, going, "Howyadoin'? Dats a nice soul you got dere, be a shame if anything happened to it. Capice?"

lunamoth

Will to love

1. Praising God.
4. Entering gates.
6. Wearing robes.

I've always wanted to play the harp. Or the bass. Either one.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
The point of this thread is that people go around converting others to Christianity to save them from the eternal agonies of the damned, which they explain in exquisite detail, but there isn't much on the positive side to recommend salvation.

I think I am beginning to sway away from believing in hell. Seems like hell is overrated and heaven is inflated. I would like to believe that an afterlife has more depth and complexity than simply a happy place and a burny torturous place. I's like to believe there will be many different kinds of happy places and many different kinds of "bad" places. Wherever I end up, I just hope I can still find my friends, family, and my pets:bounce Without that it would truly be hell for me.

"Eternal salvation suffers from inflation..."
-Otep Shamaya

kai

ragamuffin
What is the point of this thread? No one knows what heaven is like, and the Bible doesn't try to explain it to us. I like to think that whatever it is, we will like it a million times more than the life we have now. That's good enough for me.
its fundamentally flawed the whole notion , i have already asked and no one picked up on it , if i died tonight and went to heaven then how do i change ? ,what is left of me ?that i will not despair in being parted from my family, if something is done that i no longer miss them or want to be with them then thats not heaven is it? think about it !

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled

1. Praising God.
4. Entering gates.
6. Wearing robes.

To serve God forever, and if ya don't want to serve him here, heaven will not be anything you want to expereince.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I'm applying for audio engineer to edit out all the bad words ever said. Then, I plan to bounce on a bowl jello until I can't bounce anymore. I was thinking of trampolines but they just don't have them in heaven...:eek: