• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is the sybolism of bear and crow/black bird?

jpk1313

pilgram philosopher
I had a dream awlile ago, most of which i don't remember exept for this one image that has been bugging me. It was of a brown bear sitting in a tree with a crow/raven/black bird sitting beneth the tree and i just can't figure out what it means. Anybody have any idea what the symbolism means?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Both animals are very popular in a wide range of cultures... each of which has their own view on what role they play and what they "mean".

Sounds like a cool dream though!

wa:do

I would think the meaning would depend on the context of your own life. I can only tell you what the image suggests to me:

All of our abilities are different, but what is important is that we use them to do what we can. The bear may not be able to fly but he can climb and so if he makes the effort, he can go higher than the crow who sits lazily on the ground and doesn't use the wings he has.