• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the scariest thing a poltergeist has done to you?

Frank Goad

What is the scariest thing a poltergeist has done to you?This question is to all the ghost hunters out there and paranormal investigators.:)

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What is the scariest thing a poltergeist has done to you?This question is to all the ghost hunters out there.:)

Play a part in a movie.

But, if I were to believe in such things,

We had a shower which had a heavy glass door which swung out to open.
I was asleep in bed and I woke up to hear the sound of glass shattering. I quickly jumped up, ran into the bathroom and saw the glass door had spontaneously shattered and was laying in a pile of thousands of pieces in the middle of the shower. No one else was in the house.
Totally weird as no knowable cause for it. Like the door decided to implode on itself.

I can understand how someone could have believed there were some supernatural force at work.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Play a part in a movie.

I was asleep in bed and I woke up to hear the sound of glass shattering. I quickly jumped up, ran into the bathroom and saw the glass door had spontaneously shattered and was laying in a pile of thousands of pieces in the middle of the shower. No one else was in the house.
Totally weird as no knowable cause for it. Like the door decided to implode on itself.

I can understand how someone could have believed there were some supernatural force at work.

So we are not alone. Only yesterday we had a new shower fitted after one of the panels in the old one shattered.

I was in the bathroom (doing things) at the time it shattered with a collosal crack/bang. I nearly **** myself

Heyo

Veteran Member
What is the scariest thing a poltergeist has done to you?This question is to all the ghost hunters out there and paranormal investigators.:)
I once was in house where the inhabitants said they had a poltergeist. Not only didn't it turn up while I was there, it never was heard of again. Must have scared it pretty good.

Bathos Logos

So we are not alone. Only yesterday we had a new shower fitted after one of the panels in the old one shattered.

I was in the bathroom (doing things) at the time it shattered with a collosal crack/bang. I nearly **** myself
Play a part in a movie.

Glass used for such things is usually "tempered". My brother used to work closely with the stuff, so I only have secondhand info he provided me about it. Basically, the stuff is super-tough for impacts to the main body of glass, but if you even do so much as chip the outer edge the entire panel can chain-reaction shatter. It's pretty interesting. So, my guess is, there was some super-minor hairline fracture or something developing, and the right moisture and temperature circumstances had some part of it expand/contract in opposition to another and that's when it decided to give way.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Play a part in a movie.

BTW, 4 cast members died after the movie release including the little girl, the guy who played the evil preacher and the guy who played the native American shaman. :eek:
The 'Poltergeist' Curse: Inside the Mysterious Cast Deaths and Oddities On Set

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I once was in house where the inhabitants said they had a poltergeist. Not only didn't it turn up while I was there, it never was heard of again. Must have scared it pretty good.
They must have saved a mint on sage or bringing in a preist! *grin*

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I don't typically get scared during a paranormal investigation or elsewhere because I have the advantage of being a medium. So, I'm aware when there are spirits present at the location or when spirits are in close proximity to me. I've also seen plenty of poltergeist activity at haunted locations and in locations that are not known to be haunted. That being said, I have had one incident at a haunted location that truly scared me, but it didn't happen while I was conducting an investigation. It happened during the night while I was sleeping in a room at the haunted location. The incident took place at the Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center in South Boston, VA.

Berry Hill was once the most prosperous Southern plantation in the area before the Civil War. Located on the property are the main mansion, the slave quarters, the old quarter master's house, an old horse stable, and some other buildings that were connected to the daily life on the plantation. Well, I was given permission by a hotel manager to conduct a paranormal investigation inside the main mansion after dark while it was closed to the public. So, me and a hotel employee went into the mansion around 10:00 and I began to use my ghost hunting equipment so the employee could participate in the investigation and witness something paranormal himself. I won't give details of my investigation because I've already posted a thread about it. Click here if you want to find out what happened.

I had inadvertently upset one of the spirits inside the mansion, and the angry spirit let me know about it later that night. Despite my efforts to express my respect for the spirits while I was in the mansion and the other spirits' cooperation with me, one spirit was apparently upset, and this spirit let me know shortly after 3:00 AM. I woke up from a deep sleep and bolted straight up in my bed because I felt a very angry presence in my room. I couldn't see the spirit, but I sure felt it, and it was obvious to me that this spirit was upset with me. The bathroom light was on, so I could see the standing oval mirror being moved a few inches to the side, and the desk lamp flickered on and off a few times. And just as quickly as it all happened, it was over and the spirit was gone. Not only was it a chilling experience for me because I've never angered a spirit like that before, but my husband felt the angry spirit's presence and it freaked him out. I got up out of bed and burned sage in the room for a few minutes afterward, and I didn't feel another negative energy in the room after the other one left. I went back into the mansion later that morning and verbally apologized to the angry spirit that had been in my room. I assumed all was well because I didn't feel another angry spirit for the rest of the time I was at the hotel.

Last edited: