• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the role of the Spirit of God (The Holy Spirit) in Trinitarianism?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
We know from the scriptures that God is the Father (and ‘Father’ means ‘Creator’, ‘Bringer of life’) and Jesus Christ is the spiritual Son of God, a man born in sinlessness who remained sinless all his life and thus mimicked the ideals of his spiritual Father, God, who righteous blood was shed for the sinfulness the first man, Adam.

But what is the role, the purpose, the power and authority of the Spirit of God as envisioned by Trinitarian believers?

101G

We know from the scriptures that God is the Father (and ‘Father’ means ‘Creator’, ‘Bringer of life’) and Jesus Christ is the spiritual Son of God, a man born in sinlessness who remained sinless all his life and thus mimicked the ideals of his spiritual Father, God, who righteous blood was shed for the sinfulness the first man, Adam.

But what is the role, the purpose, the power and authority of the Spirit of God as envisioned by Trinitarian believers?
the Holy Spirit is "God" the Father, and is God who is the Son in an ECHAD of Ordinal Designations of "First"/Father and "Last"/Son the samke one Person in the nature of an EQUAL "SHARE".

101G.

Soapy

It is the relationship between God and Jesus.
The spirit of God is the relationship between God and Jesus?

Isn’t the spirit of God supposed to be another ‘person’ in God, according to trinity claims?

• God is a person who is worshipped
    • ‘You must worship the Lord your God’
  • The Father is a person who is worshipped
    • Worship the Father in spirit and in truth
  • The son is a person who is worshipped (trinity claims)
    • But there is no scripture verse that makes such a command!
  • The spirit of God is a person who is worshipped (trinity claims)
    • But there is no scripture verse that makes such a command!
Can you say that another way with a bit more information, please?

Last edited:

101G

to all,
people, people, people, the Lord Jesus is the HOLY SPIRIT the "ONLY" person who is called God. and in the ECHAD of First/title Father, and Last/Son this is the ONE "PERSON" JESUS the only TRUE and LIVING GOD. no separate and distinct person, no role playing, or any of that nonsense.

101G suggest all need to re-read their bibles ... "WITH" the Holy Spirit, our TEACHER.

101G.

101G

The Holy Ghost is the relationship between the Father & Son.
the Holy Ghost/Spirit is JESUS. supportive scripture. 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:" 1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

the Spirit of Christ? now this, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Spirit of God .... Spirit of Christ.... same "one" person, else one has two Spirits.

101G

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

He is our Counselor, Teacher, Helper and the one that exalts Jesus and confirms the Word with manifested power - among other things. He is also the Spirit of God that is joined to our spirit. He is also known as Christ's Spirit.

101G

if this is true, how can a son be "EQUAL WITH" God when the bible clearly states no one is his EQUAL. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" now this, Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?" or this, Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One."

so soapy tell us how the Lord Jesus is "EQUAL WITH GOD" when God himself said there is no one "his", "his", Equal.

your answer to that also.

101G.

Last edited:

syo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a ridiculous statement.

Soapy

He is our Counselor, Teacher, Helper and the one that exalts Jesus and confirms the Word with manifested power - among other things. He is also the Spirit of God that is joined to our spirit. He is also known as Christ's Spirit.
You are saying that the spirit of God is our counsellor?

But scriptures says that Jesus is our counsellor…!

And, if the spirit of God is joined to our spirit then that is no different to the spirit of God joined to the spirit of Jesus … to wit, we can imbibe the spirit of God indirectly through Jesus Christ.

The spirit of God is the Will to do good in the eyes of God; to love righteousness and shun unrighteousness:
  • ‘My Will is to do THE WILL of Him who sent me’
Jesus says that what drives him to do what he does is because he aligns HIS WILL to that of the Father.He desires, and succeeds, in doing what the Father commands him to do - thus, his spirit is that of the Father’s: His Will and the Fathers Will ARE ONE… the same Will.

And, if we align OUR WILL to that of Jesus then we have the Spirit of Christ … which is the same as the spirit of God.

Scriptures tells us that God’s spirit is a GIFT FROM THE FATHER. The PROMISE FROM THE FATHER…. forwarded onto us THROUGH Christ Jesus.

The spirit of God does not BELONG to Jesus, anymore than a gift from a Father belongs to the post person who delivered it to you:
  • “ am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.” (Luke 24:49)
  • “On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.” (Acts 1:4)

Soapy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a ridiculous statement.
I always know when something is right when someone raises an objection in that familiar manner!!

So, thank you for your support!

But I’m interested… which part of what I said is explicitly ridiculous to you?

Last edited:

Soapy

if this is true, how can a son be "EQUAL WITH" God when the bible clearly states no one is his EQUAL. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" now this, Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?" or this, Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One."

so soapy tell us how the Lord Jesus is "EQUAL WITH GOD" when God himself said there is no one "his", "his", Equal.

your answer to that also.

101G.
Ummm…. Which part of what I said makes you think I’m saying that Jesus is equal with God?

Isn’t it you who is saying that Jesus IS GOD?
And that Jesus is the Father?
And Jesus is the Spirit of God?

And isn’t it trinity that says that Jesus is both God and equal with God?

Soapy

The truth is that the Gods are sinners. Full of evil. You wrote the exactly opposite! Why!?!?!?!?!?
‘Gods’ which are not the one true God of the Israelites May well be sinners.

I don’t speak of them. I speak only of the one true almighty God of the Jews, the Israelites, and the true Christian, entitled ‘The Father’ and gave His name as ‘YHWH’ (Hebrew name)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You are saying that the spirit of God is our counsellor?

But scriptures says that Jesus is our counsellor…!
Yes, Jesus is our counselor. The word is also our counselor. It also depends on what you understand "counselor" to mean.

Parakletos​

par-ak'-lay-tos
Noun Masculine
  1. summoned, called to one's side, esp. called to one's aid
    1. one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate
    2. one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor
      1. of Christ in his exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins
    3. in the widest sense, a helper, succourer, aider, assistant
      1. of the Holy Spirit destined to take the place of Christ with the apostles (after his ascension to the Father), to lead them to a deeper knowledge of the gospel truth, and give them divine strength needed to enable them to undergo trials and persecutions on behalf of the divine kingdom
He took the place of Christ.

And, if the spirit of God is joined to our spirit then that is no different to the spirit of God joined to the spirit of Jesus … to wit, we can imbibe the spirit of God indirectly through Jesus Christ.

There is a big difference. We were born from a man and a woman. Jesus was not.