• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the opposite to Paranoia?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Paranoia is when you believe people are out to get you and do horrible nasty things to you - when they are not

But what do you call it when you believe that people are out to help you and do lovely nice things to you - when they are not?

Like "I suspect my neighbour from across the road from me is going to gift me her car" or some other delusion like that

Basically, what is the opposite to Paranoia? Is there a word for it?

I'm not asking because I am experiencing this, don't worry!

I was just wondering

wellwisher

Paranoia is when you believe people are out to get you and do horrible nasty things to you - when they are not

But what do you call it when you believe that people are out to help you and do lovely nice things to you - when they are not?

Like "I suspect my neighbour from across the road from me is going to gift me her car" or some other delusion like that

Basically, what is the opposite to Paranoia? Is there a word for it?

I'm not asking because I am experiencing this, don't worry!

I was just wondering
Paranoia is the anticipation of bad things about to happen. The opposite would be the confident knowledge of good things, that are real, that are about to fall into your lap.

Say you interview for a job that you like, and your future boss offers you the job on the spot. Now it is only about waiting for the formal acceptance letter, while you starting looking for closer housing and shop for a new work wardrobe. This is nicer than paranoia. It makes you feel a blessing compared to a curse.

Massimo2002

Paranoia is the anticipation of bad things about to happen. The opposite would be the confident knowledge of good things, that are real, that are about to fall into your lap.

Say you interview for a job that you like, and your future boss offers you the job on the spot. Now it is only about waiting for the formal acceptance letter, while you starting looking for closer housing and shop for a new work wardrobe. This is nicer than paranoia. It makes you feel a blessing compared to a curse.
Yes but both pronoia and paranoia are bad. Because you don't know how the outcome will turn out.