• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHAT IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD?

Awoon

I don't believe I have ever read anything in the Bible about free health care although healings provided by Jesus and his disciples were free and I know of no-one in the Christian community today who charges for healings.

Freely Christians receive, Freely Christians should put out.

Health Care for everyone.

Mountain_Climber

I suppose the Kingdom would be in Heaven also because subjects die and can go there.

I believe there is no evidence to support this concept.
If you doubt there is any evidence to support that concept, then follow me around to the threads I post in and read in them.

I will grant you this, that one of the two concepts is an illusion.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If you doubt there is any evidence to support that concept, then follow me around to the threads I post in and read in them.

I will grant you this, that one of the two concepts is an illusion.

I am not sure I believe I am a glutton for punishment to do that but I might try one just for laughs.

lostwanderingsoul

people have many different ideas but they ignore the Bible. Jesus said He is coming back to earth and will reign over the kingdom here on earth. it is called the Kingdom OF Heaven" but that does not mean it will be IN Heaven. the Bible says no person has gone or will go to Heaven. remember "the meek shall inherit the earth" if you think you are going to Heaven you better not be meek because you will be stuck here on earth.

outhouse

Atheistically
people have many different ideas but they ignore the Bible.

And just as many do not understand the text they read.

And most don't have a clue about the real context the text was written in.

Jesus said He is coming back to earth and will reign over the kingdom here on earth. it is called the Kingdom OF Heaven" but that does not mean it will be IN Heaven.

The bible contradicts what and where the kingdom actually is.

There is no clear definition of the concept.

lostwanderingsoul

there is no clear concept for people who have closed minds and refuse to see and understand. another example of how Satan has clouded man's minds

psychoslice

Veteran Member
people have many different ideas but they ignore the Bible. Jesus said He is coming back to earth and will reign over the kingdom here on earth. it is called the Kingdom OF Heaven" but that does not mean it will be IN Heaven. the Bible says no person has gone or will go to Heaven. remember "the meek shall inherit the earth" if you think you are going to Heaven you better not be meek because you will be stuck here on earth.
I wouldn't take it too literally, and we already inherit the earth, no, heaven is within no other place.

outhouse

Atheistically
there is no clear concept for people who have closed minds and refuse to see and understand. another example of how Satan has clouded man's minds

And just as many do not understand the text they read.

And most don't have a clue about the real context the text was written in.

The bible contradicts what and where the kingdom actually is.

There is no clear definition of the concept.

lostwanderingsoul

it seems pretty clear that Jesus said He was coming back to earth and would sit on the throne of David which is right here on earth. there is no verse in the Bible that says anyone has gone to or will go to Heaven. in fact it says no man has ascended into Heaven. the Jews clearly understood that Jesus was coming to set up God's kingdom and they thought it would be right then. that was the main reason the Romans wanted Jesus killed because they thought He would overthow the Romans and set up His kingdom right then. the idea was correct but the timing was wrong

psychoslice

Veteran Member
it seems pretty clear that Jesus said He was coming back to earth and would sit on the throne of David which is right here on earth. there is no verse in the Bible that says anyone has gone to or will go to Heaven. in fact it says no man has ascended into Heaven. the Jews clearly understood that Jesus was coming to set up God's kingdom and they thought it would be right then. that was the main reason the Romans wanted Jesus killed because they thought He would overthow the Romans and set up His kingdom right then. the idea was correct but the timing was wrong
Just because he said that doesn't mean its literally true, lets face it, its been a long time lol.

outhouse

Atheistically

That is not addressing all of what the kingdom "is" or "will be".

And as far as time, many passages claim within a generation, other later verses left it open as the end was not in sight after the temple fell.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
That is not addressing all of what the kingdom "is" or "will be".

And as far as time, many passages claim within a generation, other later verses left it open as the end was not in sight after the temple fell.
I agree, its all about the kingdom being within, or realizing its within, the few at that time who did realize it were the generation that he spoke of, and of course through history many more have also realized the kingdom, and it will continue forever until we are all self realized, this is what is called heaven on earth.