• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the evidence you looking for?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The point of the analogy is to show how personal experience, is not a pathway to truth.
A wise man once said: The easiest person to fool, is yourself.

I assume this was a typo on your and you didn't mean "did belief" but rather "disbelief".

My disbelief of religions doesn't require much explaining.
The reason I disbelief, is lacking any reasons to believe.

I don't require reasons to NOT believe something.
Instead, I require reasons to believe something.

If there is no reason to believe something, then I don't believe it.

As The Hitch so famously said: "That which is asserted without evidence, can be dissmissed without evidence"

It's still experience and the exact same principles apply concerning its validity and epistemic value
That is what the point of the analogy is. The subject is irrelevant.

It's about the path towards the conclusion reached. Not about the destination.
I thank you for your reply:) but it seems to me that further discussion is og no need because there is to får a part in our understanding of what is important when tryning to understand why there is very few evidence within spiritual practice. Those proof most if not all spiritual people will give is from within them self and not as in a physical evidence.

And yes it was a typo in my reply :)

night912

Lol i would never demand anything from a God. And i speak with human language be pause i am a human in this life, if i become something Else in my next life i will speak as that.
But to explain God you can not use words or thoughts as a mundane human being.

For someone who has not read any spiritual teaching God can not be understood correctly. But for someone who has study spiritual teaching and practice for most of his or her life, they would understand a little more about what a God is.
This is why i say an atheist can not understand spiritual practice ør teaching.
But that's exactly what you are doing. And if you think that you are only using human speaking, then that's just the same as any atheist and theist. So why dismiss the required evidence of atheists as human thinking?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But that's exactly what you are doing. And if you think that you are only using human speaking, then that's just the same as any atheist and theist. So why dismiss the required evidence of atheists as human thinking?
What i dismiss is the way atheists ask for physical evidence of God or other proofs of spiritual practice, it is not physical evidence, everything happens within the person who Cultivate a spiritual teaching.

But again and again atheists ask for physical evidence.

cern

everyone being able to walk on the real physical science approved garden of eden and the first city of god is supposed to do it for all of us isn't it? infallibly described dogma and etc? know god through his created things? israel led back to eden. etc etc.

isn't that why the damascus gate and the kaaba are oriented as they are? so we can get back to the garden?

did anyone ever actually look? are we leaving our happiness and world peace in sciences hands?

peace

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When a forum is open to all forms of public speaking then involved in that public information are humans who put identifiable personal threats to humans having a personal experience.

Claiming you can be put in mental health hospitals...as that threat....seeing they have historically caused that condition in human life/brain and done it before....if you realize what this atmospheric I needed to do it experimentation is about.

A group of male liars....who already claim in a science mentality that when I write a formula it is my machine answer.

But they do not want what the machine also says...that it owns removal of what they invent.

So then they claim, so I need to attack and study life in a natural environment to see how it replaces its cell.

When the natural environment as the natural state allows us to own that condition naturally.

So first of all they display a mentality like....I need to create nuclear for a resource for my machines...technological advancement. Then create bombs to blow us all up.....that sort of lying mentality who claims I needed to or had to....when if they claimed God the Earth body mass of energy owned all the radiation itself channelled through its God Earth stone walls....then you would claim the channel would be there naturally.

Now ask that science mind, what about you having to get the gases by converting the God stone mass...….for the God body unlike the Earth atmosphere does not own gas replacement?

What sort of sick theme would suddenly emerge in your psychiatric mind brother?

Oh, that is right, I can steal it from the atmosphere....truly wonder why no one else has realized that science owns its own mental patient.

night912

What i dismiss is the way atheists ask for physical evidence of God or other proofs of spiritual practice, it is not physical evidence, everything happens within the person who Cultivate a spiritual teaching.

So god is incapable of making itself physical? Or have physical effects?

night912

And you failed to see why atheists don't believe? When you ask for specific kind of evidence atheists want and you dismiss that kind of evidence, then what's the use of even asking. So that would qualify as having no evidence. That's evidence for irrational thinking. In other words, it's evidence that a person is dumb.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Not me. But then again, I'm not primarily an atheist, I'm an Agnostic and subsequently an atheist.
For me it all depends on the claim. If your god is physical or has the ability to influence the physical world, you'd have to bring physical evidence. If your god is a platonic ideal, you'd have to bring sound philosophical arguments. If your religion is based in commandments you'd have to bring legal evidence. If you follow a book, you'd have to argue based on literary analyses.
If I understand you correct, you argue for a "spiritual path", meaning that you focus on inner development. If I'm right and you don't divert from your path, we have no disagreement. There is no interface between our world views. You won't (and can't) argue for anything that I should or should not do. You aren't dangerous to me or anyone else.
If I ever "oppose" your view, it is to point out to you, that you might have an error in your logic or that your view isn't supported by psychological evidence. That is to help you understand your own view better. For me, it might boost my ego a bit, but other than that, I have no incentive to "disprove" you.