• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the biggest thing makes me convert to Christianity?

Eihab

Journalist
Hi,
I'm agnostic, and I don't believe in any religion, but suddenly I asked myself: what if I were in the wrong side, why don't you recognize the other religions? But it is very hard to read about all religions, so I told myself that I'm a member in this forum and I do really respect it and respect the minds of their members, so I decided to ask this question in many religion sub-forums, and who knows maybe it will be a big change in my life.
Needless to say that many religions claim they are the right and we should worship in certain way.
So, if you want me to convert to your religion, what are the things that make me convinced to be a Christian?
Thanks.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The thing about turning to a faith, is that you have to believe it. No one can convince you if aren't convinced- only you can. You can read your Bible, go to various Church services, do studies on the faith.
I can only tell you why I believe and why I chose this faith over others.

gzusfrk

Christian
Hi,
I'm agnostic, and I don't believe in any religion, but suddenly I asked myself: what if I were in the wrong side, why don't you recognize the other religions? But it is very hard to read about all religions, so I told myself that I'm a member in this forum and I do really respect it and respect the minds of their members, so I decided to ask this question in many religion sub-forums, and who knows maybe it will be a big change in my life.
Needless to say that many religions claim they are the right and we should worship in certain way.
So, if you want me to convert to your religion, what are the things that make me convinced to be a Christian?
Thanks.
Read the new testament, often. Pray for wisdom from above.

PVE1

Well first of all, it's an assumption to assume all Christians do not recognize other religions. I for one recognize other religions and I even adhere to one almost as much as I do Christianity (that religion being Buddhism). We have to remember that the people who argue "my God is better than your God" are the ones who aren't familiar with other religions and especially their own. For if God is universal, then He is the God of all mankind. Whether He is triune, whether He came down as a man, whether He is a Reality, whatever it may be, He is the God of all. Therefore, not every Christian believes Christianity is the only right religion.

As for why you should be a Christian, that's completely up to you. If you're starting as an agnostic, I wouldn't take for granted your unbiased position right now. Learn about other faiths, read the holy books of their faiths, and find one that fits you the best. For Christianity in particular, read the three Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke) with an open mind and an open heart. You will then realize why the words of Christ live on and will always live on. Remember, it's all the same God.

Eihab

Journalist
Thank you. Your answers are very important to me.

I can only tell you why I believe and why I chose this faith over others
Yes, please tell me. Thanks in advanced.

St Giordano Bruno

May well be an Acquired Brain Injury that could possibly convert me to Christianity as it stands, but other than that something extraordinarily spectacular may have to happen like the real second coming of Christ.

A

angellous_evangellous

OK, if you convert, I'll pull my thumb out of your eye.