• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is satanism to YOU? (Satanists only)

jasonwill2

No questions from outsiders allowed.

What is Satanism to you, in one sentence?

Mine:

"Satanism is the conscious path of being tested by my Lord and Accuser Ha-Satan, who tests me to become, and whom I worship."

Maybe didn't word that right... tried to indicate that worship is optional.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Satanism is the rite that I invoke, so that I may declare independence from the veil of unknowing, even if it beseeches my own tongue.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Sorry I'm tired and couldn't come up with a good one liner. I wrote a paragraph before I said screw it, I'll write a better one later.

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
Satanism emphasizes but is not limited to enlightenment, self discovery, self empowerment and self responsibility and is represented by an archetype that is certainly ancient, possibly universal and frequently misunderstood.

jasonwill2

Maybe I should go with my original thought, before I re-did it when drafting the post:

"Satanism is the worship of my Lord and God Ha-Satan, whom tests me to become stronger."

ametist

Burning arms. A slight possibility to enormous amount of love world has hardly experienced before on physical human level.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
One sentence:
Satanism, to me, is the promotion and seeking of liberation, individual empowerment (which leads to collective empowerment) and the cultivation of compassion.

Longer:
I see Satanism as being "anti-natural" in that it supports the disruption of the natural order. As Satan disrupted the natural order of human evolution by bestowing His Black Flame upon our species, we also disrupt the natural order by making changes that serve our needs instead being at the mercy of life's whims. Medicine is an example of this. We work to eradicate diseases and to elevate the general welfare of all. We went from being sickly creatures where most of our children die in childbirth to being much healthier in general and living much longer lives on average. This is thanks to human ingenuity.

With this power, we can use it to alleviate the suffering of not only human beings, but other lifeforms as well. We can combat the tyranny of the natural order that is placed on us. Satanism is to stand against tyranny and the biggest tyranny is that of nature. Lord Satan gave us the gift to become divinities and He has suffered character assassination and scorn. This is His being thrown from Heaven, that is His having His liver eaten while chained to the rock. But He endures the hatred of the misinformed and the uninformed and continues to inspire us in loving forbearance. So we must embody the compassionate example set by Satan when He took notice of a lowly group of apes and removed their blinders.

Last edited:

corpusedimus

Ave Satanas
After reading The Satanic Bible I realized that I had always been a Satanist and lived my life accordingly; it served as a mirror. Satan to me is a symbol and not an anthropomorphic being. Satan, in Hebrew, means adversary; I view myself as the adversary to all spiritual religions and conventional society. I enjoy the macabre aesthetic that goes with Satanism and the archetype of Satan; as I feel he's an extension of my against the grain personality.

Satanists are born, not made.