• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Jesus Christ's greatest miracle?

Bishka

Veteran Member
  • Which one of Jesus Christ's acts is the greatest miracle to you?
  • Why is this the greatest miracle?
  • How does it affect your life?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I think his greatest miracle was that he 'founded' a religion with a lot of hope in it. It was for the poorer people of the land that now knew of a wonderful place called Heaven, and all you had to do was accept that Jesus as your savior and follow his teachings, and all of that wonderful place could be your next home.

Bishka

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:
his greatest miracle? hmm being a better magician than david blaine :)

Thanks for your opinion, but based on the Bible and the teachings of Christans, what is the greatest of all Christ's miracles?

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
from a non religious point of view and judging a miracle as something that never ceases to amaze me it would be being born, simple i know but conception/birth is always amazing!

Bishka

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:
from a non religious point of view and judging a miracle as something that never ceases to amaze me it would be being born, simple i know but conception/birth is always amazing!

You mean Jesus Christ's birth?

Darkpenguin, I'm asking specifically about miracles that have to do with Jesus Christ in this particular thread.

Bishka

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:
yes his birth as with all births, so his birth wasn't a miracle?

Never at any point did I state that His birth was not a miracle, I was merely trying to clarify you position and your statement which was made in that specific post.

Fluffy

A fool
yes his birth as with all births, so his birth wasn't a miracle?
In what sense are you using the word miracle? A marvel or an incident of divine intervention? I am fairly sure that Becky is intending the term in the latter sense.

Difficult to answer the question from a secular point of view. Without understanding the specific mechanism upon which the salvation operated, it is difficult to describe the resurrection as great based on its results.

I feel that turning water into wine, representing a change on the molecular level unlike anything that we could currently conceive, is an incredible miracle. The resurrection is less great in this sense since it is appears to be a feat that might be accomplished sooner judging by current technology. Additiuonally the energy needed for that transformation (an massively large amount) must have outweighed that required for the resurrection substantially.

adilrockstar

beckysoup61 said:
  • Which one of Jesus Christ's acts is the greatest miracle to you?
  • Why is this the greatest miracle?
  • How does it affect your life?

His greates miracle was his resurrection after death.

With this miracle he defeated the grave (death).

A

angellous_evangellous

beckysoup61 said:
Along that line, the atonement, that He died for our sins so that we could return to Heaven.

Aside from his own resurrection, all of the miracles I think are beyond our imagination.

That is, even with all of the wonders of modern medicine we cannot re-create or imagine what it is like to have a withered hand, blind eyes, skin cancer, a dead child, or any other serious ailment immediately healed by Jesus Christ. The response to such incredible grace and mercy has not been adequately recreated in any film about Jesus or play that I have ever seen. It simply is beyond us what Jesus did for people in those healing miracles.

The miracle feeding is the only miracle recorded in all four Gospels, and that is beyond our imagination as well. What it was like for bread to multiply is inconceivable - it does not happen. I would love to have seen that. Thousands of hungry people fed by the Lord.