• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is bothering you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
How do you know that God wants you confused? Because you pray? Why would he listen to your prayers if you pray to others whom he detests? So called saints and spirits? Who are your allegiances? When I prayed I got what I asked for immediately. Because I had no such allegiances. I didn't presume to dictate to God how he should answer my prayers.

If the Muslims seek Allah why should Jehovah interfere? If the Muslims seek Jehovah will they not find him, and if not why? If they don't find him and remain unrighteous, will there not also be a resurrection of the unrighteous? Will those who only sought Muslim tradition qualify?

When has Jehovah God spoke to a mere mortal without mediation? Has he not said, thus, that we have not entered into his rest?

God allows our confusion. We choose it. We can rise above it, in time.

I'm not arrogant, I'm humble before God. Lacking in pretense doesn't constitute arrogance. Knowledge doesn't necessitate arrogance. If I appear arrogant otherwise it's a weakness of mine. We all have weaknesses. And I'm certainly no bigot.
Look up the definition of bigot. A person who is completely closed off to the beliefs of another person is a bigot.

How do you know God detests the souls in heaven? How do you know the souls in heaven don't assist people on earth?

How do you know Jesus does not want people to honor his mother?

how do you know the church that put together the first Christian Bible is false?

You don't know! I prayed for understanding, and I received the understanding I've been given. it seems extremely extremely extremely clear to me that God wants me to be Catholic.

There's well over a billion people on Earth who feel the same way.

I'm aware that I could be wrong, but I have to make best with the understanding that God has given me.

Every Christian Church on Earth for over 1400 years prayed to the Saints and to the mother of Jesus.

You really think God let every Church on Earth go astray for that long? You think God did that poor of a job guiding his people?

How do you know you know so much better than the monks, the nuns, and the Saints who devoted their entire life to worshipping God without cease , caring for the poor, and often giving their lives up to martyrdom?

You do not know! That is total arrogance for you to assume you do!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yes. I do. But not because they believe differently than I do. For the blood they've shed and for the children they've raped and murdered. I don't overlook the same for anyone else.
The Catholic catechism is the official teachings of the Catholic Church, and there's nothing the church teaches that states it's okay to rape children or murder people.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
So, what bothers you about religion? If nothing bothers you about religion that you want to talk about, feel free to just vent about what is bothering you in your life.

We are in this together! How about we share with one another the suffering we're going through.

I was inspired to ask, because I texted a woman today who I could tell was really suffering tremendously.

I told her this week I have been more angry than I have been in years. I have been full of blasphemies. My "friends" played me like a sucker. I discovered that even the Christians I live with who always talk about God, and have the appearance of being meek, humble, and thoughtful, will just beg and beg for money.

And when they try to sell me something, they rip me off and sell me bogus stuff like a bus card that has no money on it.

I described to her how I was feeling that week, and how I feel being played like a chump and sucker. She said "that is exactly how I feel".

She said I helped her tremendously since I was going through the same emotions that she was.

She said she was so angry, in the meeting she was about to scream at the top of her lungs.

That was precisely how I was feeling. I had outbursts of profanity and blasphemy at an AA meeting. She and I are in this together. We have heavy crosses to carry and God wants us to suffer.

The early Christians suffered tremendously. Non-christians have suffered tremendously at the hands of Christians.

God wants all of this suffering. If he didn't want it, he would speak up, and to this day Christians do not know how to interpret the Bible because they are so divided.

Muslims believe God is speaking to them through the Quran. If they are indeed confused, it is because God wants them confused, because God is not telling them the Quran is false.

If the Quran is false, countless Muslims have given their lives and died for a lie. if the Bible is false, countless Christians and Jews have sacrificed and died over a lie. not to mention, that would make the Bible not only a work of fiction but the best selling book year after year after year... 2 billion people are living by a work of fiction and a lie (possibly).

So, it's obvious that God wants there to be confusion and violence.
He will bring something good out of it and give us great reward and glory in the next life.

We are in this together!:glomp:
:hugehug:

What bothers me is the interference in civil life. If someone tells me X is bad, because he think it is bad, I can discuss about it.

But if he tells me X is bad because X is against imaginary being Y’s law, then I have the duty to try to knock down that belief.

Ciao

- viole

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
One thing that bothers me about religion is when people waste their time with prayers. A well-known scientific study shows prayer doesn't work. This study is widely available for everyone to see.

Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients: a multicenter randomized trial of uncertainty and certai... - PubMed - NCBI

PubMed
US National Library of MedicineNational Institutes of Health

Am Heart J. 2006 Apr;151(4):934-42.
Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients: a multicenter randomized trial of uncertainty and certainty of receiving intercessory prayer.
Benson H1, Dusek JA, Sherwood JB, Lam P, Bethea CF, Carpenter W, Levitsky S, Hill PC, Clem DW Jr, Jain MK, Drumel D, Kopecky SL, Mueller PS, Marek D, Rollins S, Hibberd PL.
Author information

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My parents want me to return to Montana. I would rather live in my predominantly black liberal neighborhood in twin cities, than go live in Montana where everybody's conservative or redneck.
That's about what it is for me. Very Conservative Indiana, or Liberal California where I don't (for now) understand most of what's being said around me.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What is "(for know)" like you wrote there supposed to mean?
I fixed that in my post. It should be "for now." I don't know more than a few Spanish words, but I'm sure I'll be able to easily learn it here with the wide availability of Spanish speakers here.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I fixed that in my post. It should be "for now." I don't know more than a few Spanish words, but I'm sure I'll be able to easily learn it here with the wide availability of Spanish speakers here.
Practice, practice, practice......and a lot of homework.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
IT bothers me IF "It does not bother me that nothing bothers me".

Last edited:

PruePhillip

So, what bothers you about religion?

What bothers me is that people think that with replacing religion with secular
values we will build a better world.
(Recall John Lennon's song Imagine)
Religion started declining sharply after 1900. And with it the crime rate went
up sharply. And the end of "religious wars" started secular wars of brutality
unimagined before. And secular people having fewer kids so demographics
are harming society. Then we saw the collapse of family life. And now, the
rapid erosion of freedoms that we gained through freedom of religion. Now
we have new religions of race/sex/identity that are shrill and intolerant.
Not looking good, and its only just started, in an historic sense. Someone
said that our secular society is "living off the smell of an empty vase."